Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ioniq 5 58Kwh premium owner. Car has developed a rattle over uneven surfaces in boot / trunk area. Almost sounds like loose trim or boot latch. It is not related to rear seat belts as they are isolated already. Also noting driver window rattle / vibration when window is down. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any chance this is one of your two towing "eye rings"?
I know in Canada the car is supplied with two, and they can be anywhere in the back trunk area, even getting into the pit behind the back seat, down near the floor level. I had to remove a partition behind the back seat to find them on my car, after someone else in the forum suggested that to me.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,625 Posts
I'd definitely check the under boot area for anything rattling about. Found a towing eye in one car I had wasn't in the right spot.

Rattling windows seem to be common. I often end up tweaking them up or down to quieten them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any chance this is one of your two towing "eye rings"?
I know in Canada the car is supplied with two, and they can be anywhere in the back trunk area, even getting into the pit behind the back seat, down near the floor level. I had to remove a partition behind the back seat to find them on my car, after someone else in the forum suggested that to me.
Thanks but I have removed them both. Really frustrating on otherwise great experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ioniq 5 58Kwh premium owner. Car has developed a rattle over uneven surfaces in boot / trunk area. Almost sounds like loose trim or boot latch. It is not related to rear seat belts as they are isolated already. Also noting driver window rattle / vibration when window is down. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
I had the same issue - sounded like it was inside the tailgate - I asked the dealer to have a look and it turns out there is a technical bulletin from Hyundai to fix this issue. They fitted some thicker washers to somewhere in the tailgate and it has fixed the problem

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had exactly what you describe on my car twice now. In both cases it was the rubber and plastic bumpers on the hatch and the body of the car rubbing against each other. The dealer applied some silicone grease to the parts and it was an instant fix (until it wears off and you have to take it back to have it reapplied).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've an annoying rattle that I also thought was coming from the rear seat / boot. However, after some investigation I discovered it is it the passenger side rear sunblind which rattles inside the door when it's retracted. Solved it temporarily by driving with it extended all the time. I've not had the best experience with rattle repairs on my Tesla (they made them far worse!) so I'm still debating whether I'll bother taking the Ioniq to the dealer for a fix.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Perhaps it’s the same as with the old Ioniq where the back seat’s latches can have some play which allow them to rattle? For that one a round of electric insulation tape on the latch anchor (or whatever it’s really called) ”fixed” it..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have my car now for 3 days and I have the same problem it is driving me nuts and as everyone says it is spoiling an otherwise good experience I hate rattles and I have tried everything removed everything from the boot but it still there think I will have to take it in as I can’t put up with it for much longer has anyone else had a fix for this problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
mine makes (and always has done) a kind of 'croaking' noise when going over a sleeping policeman or similar sized road imperfection. it doesn't do it when there's rear seat passengers or when the boot is full of stuff but does do it when the rear seats are down but there's no stuff in the boot so I think its something to do with the mechanism which holds the seats upright. it's not seat belts in my case because the croaks are there when the rear belts are clipped without any passengers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the reply yes the whole thing annoying I think it’s got something to do with the tailgate maybe not latching correctly maybe needs adjusting but can’t see any easy way of doing it it was quite easy on the kona all you had to do was tighten or loosen 2 screws.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts