Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi guys i think i might of managed to cure this problem the other day i noticed that the 2 stoppers on each side of the tailgate where uneven one was screwed right in and the other only about half way so i screwed them both in as tight as i could this made the issue far worse so the rattle got worse than ever so i unsrewed both until they where almost removed and then screwed them back in about a full turn and now no more rattles it seems to of done. The trick thought id share this with you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks so much - this helped diagnose my rattle and its nearly gone following adjustment. I think these lugs can be pushed in if you’ve fully loaded your boot space and give your boot lid a shuvv to close it…….at least I think that caused my issue where one lug was fully retracted and had to be unscrewed to match the other side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi evryone.
So after 8 months truggling with the trunk rattling problem i think I finally got it solved.
So yes, the 2 stoppers on the trunk door need to be adjusted and it solved almost all the problem…. But it was coming back sometimes.
yesterday i was at my hyundai dealer and asked uf they had a solution from hyundai and he said still no.
But he told me another owner did another mod and it seems to have resolved the problem for good.

so here is the solution. You need to buy 4 bolt washers ( i bought those that do not rust) to the trunk door. 2 on each side like here.

Hood Grille Automotive design Mesh Automotive exterior

and this solved the problem. No more noise at all!!!!!
Drove the car on bumps bad road etc… just to see if noise would come back. But no, the car sounds perfect now finally!!

i don’t understand why hyundai techs or engineers were not able to diagnose and come ip with this solution and that it took people like us to try and fix there problem.

i hope this suits you well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys i think i might of managed to cure this problem the other day i noticed that the 2 stoppers on each side of the tailgate where uneven one was screwed right in and the other only about half way so i screwed them both in as tight as i could this made the issue far worse so the rattle got worse than ever so i unsrewed both until they where almost removed and then screwed them back in about a full turn and now no more rattles it seems to of done. The trick thought id share this with you.
This solution worked perfectly for me. It was a rattle that slowy started to get worse after a few months of driving until it became unbearable.
Really simple solution that took around 2 minutes
Thanks very much Paul!

·
Registered
48 Posts
A big thank you for this can you tell me the size of the washers you fitted as that would be a great help and I agree with your comment regarding the dealer having to relie on us to solve the problems for them mad.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Hi evryone.
So after 8 months truggling with the trunk rattling problem i think I finally got it solved.
So yes, the 2 stoppers on the trunk door need to be adjusted and it solved almost all the problem…. But it was coming back sometimes.
yesterday i was at my hyundai dealer and asked uf they had a solution from hyundai and he said still no.
But he told me another owner did another mod and it seems to have resolved the problem for good.

so here is the solution. You need to buy 4 bolt washers ( i bought those that do not rust) to the trunk door. 2 on each side like here.

View attachment 166788
and this solved the problem. No more noise at all!!!!!
Drove the car on bumps bad road etc… just to see if noise would come back. But no, the car sounds perfect now finally!!

i don’t understand why hyundai techs or engineers were not able to diagnose and come ip with this solution and that it took people like us to try and fix there problem.

i hope this suits you well.
Where there's a will.....
Excellent!!
it would be handy if they mentioned this to the factory that makes them!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Might be better to use plastic washers. When two different metals come in to contact with each other they can cause reactions if the paint has been broken by the bolt thread so it’s bare metal on bare metal.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts