Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been sent a service plan for my car (5 Year Plan + 3 MOT's)

This is the breakdown

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

Interesting : They say Interest Free - But then charge 51 x £1.25 Management Fee on top ?

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Number

No mention anywhere about if you do NOT take the optional interim services if you do lose the RAC Recovery, as the recovery service is dependant on servicing the car.

I don't know if this is good or bad as my last 2 cars were performance cars with 6 monthly service schedules' - so anything is better than what I was paying before

What do you think

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
929 Posts
I assume the expensive 4 year service is the coolant change..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd expect to be getting a discount on the overall cost by taking the plan out. The management fee is like another optional service., But I guess that is covering the interest on the finance?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Depends how much the service costs are out of plan. Are these "optional services" for an electric car even worth it....just for them to do a 5 min look and fill up your windscreen washer (if they remember), also who pays £40 for an MOT, can easily be done at £25-£30

The big question is whether the RAC will be defunct if not serviced, i would suspect not if its an "optional" service and not on the schedule.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Depends how much the service costs are out of plan. Are these "optional services" for an electric car even worth it....just for them to do a 5 min look and fill up your windscreen washer (if they remember), also who pays £40 for an MOT, can easily be done at £25-£30

The big question is whether the RAC will be defunct if not serviced, i would suspect not if its an "optional" service and not on the schedule.
Surely "optional" means there can't be any penalty for not doing it.

I don't see the point, there's nothing to check! Pretty much zero brake wear on an EV, only fluid to top up is the screenwash. Tesla have been upfront about their cars needing no servicing for ages.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Also, £60 suggests they'll be spending less than 20minutes on the vehicle. I don't know if you've ever had any repairs or work done at branded dealers but their labour charge usually runs anywhere up to £100 an hour. Think it'll spend more time going up and down on their car lifts just to "prove" it is in for service.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I would expect a plan to be less that the sum of the individual services too, but assume the saving will come from the prices in future years not being subject to inflationary hikes. The management fee is a bit rich IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts