Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New update installed at the dealer yesterday, first impressions;
View attachment 32835
  • Redesigned visuals - more modern, flat design.
  • You can create two driving profiles
  • Sounds of nature - quite relaxing but seems like a novelty.

Attachments

Reactions: Johnny Read

·
Registered
637 Posts
My questions:
1 Does current regen level persist after switching off/on the car. I.e I always drive in Regen 0, yet my car defaults back to auto after each start up.
2 Does handbrake engage automatically when putting car into Park.
3 Any other changes to vehicle operation?
4 Any change to 12v battery care?
5 How much did the upgrade cost?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My questions:
1 Does current regen level persist after switching off/on the car. I.e I always drive in Regen 0, yet my car defaults back to auto after each start up.
2 Does handbrake engage automatically when putting car into Park.
3 Any other changes to vehicle operation?
4 Any change to 12v battery care?
5 How much did the upgrade cost?
upgrade is free with warranty.
None of those changes have been made as far as I can tell.

most of the changes are to do with the UX and navigation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately my Kona was delivered with the new update.I say Unfortunately as to my utter dismay although you gain the ability to set profiles you loose the ability to have the triple split screen! My home screen is now basically black/blank with just my name,time and date and that's it no triple split screen at all! A total waste of time and a huge loss on what was one of the main benefits of having the bigger 2020 screen. Think carefully before asking for the update.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 64kWh Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
51 Posts
My 2020 Kona also came with the update applied, but I still have the triple screen. There is an option buried in the menus to select a clock instead - are you sure you haven't just selected this by accident? I seem to recall it's not an obvious setting - it looks more like you're selecting the clock style (analogue or digital) than selecting clock instead of triple display.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2020 Kona also came with the update applied, but I still have the triple screen. There is an option buried in the menus to select a clock instead - are you sure you haven't just selected this by accident? I seem to recall it's not an obvious setting - it looks more like you're selecting the clock style (analogue or digital) than selecting clock instead of triple display.
Hi bud, when you press set up button, do you have the first pic or the second pic?

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV, Red, 64kWh Premium SE (10.5kW OBC)
51 Posts
Mine looks closest to "type 1", but things like the Aux Battery Saver option have been removed, so presumably it was supplied fully updated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In that case you do not have the latest update. Which is unfortunate as you would have been the first that could still get the triple split screen. Someone on Facebook replied to another post I put on about the update/loss of split screen and he went into dealership today and they confirmed that the update had only just come in but they had only seen it on i30 and not yet on the Kona . When lockdown is over iam going to see if I can get the update rolled back as I find the loss of the triple split screen a real set back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts