Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m looking at buying a Ioniq fully electric 28kwh 2016.

Are there any checks I should do when looking at the car? Is it possible to check battery health? Common faults to look out for?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Get a obdii scanner. Use an app called evnotify to check the battery condition.

Make sure it has full service history or your warranty will be void.

It's a good car. Had mine 6 months now.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Just the usual used car checks.
I bought mine (2016) used at 2 years and it had had a couple of recalls (USB supply, rear brakes). Some had a recall for a coolant leak.
Just had first MOT, no issues. Brilliantly put together cars, and they just work.
You could do the OBD2 thing but I expect you'll see 100% health, no doubt there's some battery degradation going on- but so far invisible to the user.

It's so good we have 2 of them :)

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
43 Posts
Just the usual used car checks.
I bought mine (2016) used at 2 years and it had had a couple of recalls (USB supply, rear brakes). Some had a recall for a coolant leak.
Just had first MOT, no issues. Brilliantly put together cars, and they just work.
You could do the OBD2 thing but I expect you'll see 100% health, no doubt there's some battery degradation going on- but so far invisible to the user.
I endorse fully the views of Scanfer. Mine's 2018 and approx 20,000 miles. No issues other than a lost locking wheel nut (careless by whoever set the torque setting as all three remaining found to be inadequately tightened) The car has been brilliant. I have EV notify and OBDI scanner and I query the real use, as it has always said 100% battery. Ask me again at 50,000 miles! I genuinely can't think of anything to check of note. You might want to check that the software and map updates are done, but the Hyundai dealer can do on the next service anyway. A minor issue you might come across is unplugging the car in really cold weather where mine sometimes does not release first time. However by locking the car and unlocking again it has always resolved itself and is a rare occurrence. I would happily buy a second one and get rid of our other ICE, good though it is.

Free Octopus referral link attached for anybody who wants to switch and get £50 credit to their fuel bill. I used one from a fellow Speak EV er and have not regretted it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts