Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently flip-flopping between a project 45 and a GT-Line S.

They're both roughly the same price
I prefer the look of the Ioniq
EV6 has a Pano roof
I prefer the interior of the Ioniq
EV 6 has better range
Ioniq is AWD
Ioniq has a bigger boot

I really don't know which to choose. Which would you take?

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,567 Posts
I really don't know which to choose. Which would you take?
Tempted by both when we come to swap as well. I prefer the Ioniq but I think the EV6 with the longer warranty might swing it when the time comes. They are both far bigger than we need really as well, really going to have to see how big they seem in person first for sure.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Have you watched the TeslaBjorn EV6 interior review yet?

That put any doubts about the Ioniq 5 that I had to rest.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It is down to personal preference. Both are available as RWD or AWD. The 'standard' battery is the same in both. Although the EV6 has a slightly larger long range battery and hence range, there are few occasions when having say 260 miles rather than 290 mile real world range will inconvenience you.

If you haven't already reserved a P45 I suspect you will struggle to get one now - other specs will be available though. The GT-line and S are not time limited so can be ordered.

Not sure that the sunroof with the EV6 will be panoramic.

From pictures and video I have seen I'm leaning towards the EV6 but seeing them in the flesh might change that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EV6 specsheet says "Panoramic Sunroof with Tilting & Sliding Function"
310 vs 268 miles is a lot to give up

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
yeah, kia dealer said the AWD ev6 would be more like 300 with the pano-roof but it would also be more like £51k
RWD Ioniq 5 = 300 miles. Seems a bit odd that the EV6 only does 310 with an extra 5kWh.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RWD Ioniq 5 = 300 miles. Seems a bit odd that the EV6 only does 310 with an extra 5kWh.
it gets a bit messy but if you compare the Ioniq Ultimate to the Gt-Line S (which to my eye are on par)
the Ioniq is down as 281 and the estimated range for the ev6 is 314 without the pano roof.

Something else to throw into the mix is the 0 - 60 which is 5.2 for the P45 and 11 for the EV6

p.s. I have pre-orders on both the cars mentioned

·
Registered
1 Posts
it gets a bit messy but if you compare the Ioniq Ultimate to the Gt-Line S (which to my eye are on par)
the Ioniq is down as 281 and the estimated range for the ev6 is 314 without the pano roof.

Something else to throw into the mix is the 0 - 60 which is 5.2 for the P45 and 11 for the EV6

p.s. I have pre-orders on both the cars mentioned
the 0-60 for the Kia doesn't seem accurate, at all.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the 0-60 for the Kia doesn't seem accurate, at all.
It sure is weird, but that is what they have on their site for the RWD version
226 BHP / 255Nm / 0-62 in 11.1

Ioniq RWD is
217PS / 350Nm / 0-62 in 7.4

Google tells me that 217PS is about 214 BHP.

A bit more Googling suggests the EV6 would do 0-62 in 6.2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts