Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody come from an i3?

Most of my driving is only 1 person on fast A roads so space isn’t an issue. Currently considering a 94 i3 or a 28 kWh Ioniq?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ioniq is a bit more simple, no exotic carbon fibre parts etc so should be cheaper to run.
Take a test drive and see which one you prefer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Cost difference? Ioniq is highly efficient at faster speeds due to aerodynamics

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Look at the guarantee time, Ioniq 5 years, vs i3 repair costs. 28kWh Ioniq may only have 28kWh but it will charge at 60kW up to 75%, drive, charge, drive, charge, drive and charge for long distance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We have an i3 but after the little one arriving we have looked at the Ioniq, I think it is fair to say both are very good cars, I think the best way to look at it is the i3 is less practical but is faster accelerating and a more sporty drive,

It is probably fair to say the Ioniq will be more reliable over the years but if you avoid REX the i3 is pretty good, for range the 94ah i3 is really only good for 100 miles this time of year, would assume the 120ah would be 130 ish worst case, the newer ioniq i believe is a bit more so if range is the priority the ioniq would be better but if you want a more sporty drive and don’t often go further than 100 miles I personally feel the i3 is a fantastic car.

i guess in my opinion at least it is head vs heart, I love my i3 and when I have to sell it for a bigger boot I will absolutely miss it, also notice with i3 I get around 50% flash or waves back they just seem to have a community spirit to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts