Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am after 28kWh Ioniq.
I've got some questions and need an advice from owners or anyone who have the knowledge.
I test drove 66 plate yellow Ioniq. All seems fine but two things come to my attention.
No1: front hood inner side, rear hatch inner edges and inner sides of the back side of the car looks like they aren't properly painted. The paint is the same colour but looks weathered.
No2: There is only two entries in service book.
My questions.
1. Is it normal that Hyundai don't paint the inner hood and back hatch edges like the rest of the car?
2. Can I verify service history of the car directly with Hyundai or maybe the dealer if I can establish one which done the services?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Why do you need the underside of the bonnet/hood painted to the same level as the rest of the body? I think this fairly standard for most cars - definitely no clear coat anyway, so it won’t look as glossy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you need the underside of the bonnet/hood painted to the same level as the rest of the body? I think this fairly standard for most cars - definitely no clear coat anyway, so it won’t look as glossy.
I don't need it to be painted. If it's standard than it answers my question. I can imagine it as a standard, just want to be sure.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Answering my own question.
Yes you can verify service history with Hyundai but you need to be the owner of the car. Which is a shame from my point of view. Anyway.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I suspect they are applying the GDPR rules and won't give too much away in case it leads to identifying the owner which you probably already know who it is because you are buying the car from them.
Try asking specific questions like has this car been serviced at the correct times to maintain the warranty.
What if any warranty work has been done on this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts