Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just completed my application on basis nothing to lose at this stage, with gap until deposit required. Limited colour choice but went with White with light interior.

Some elements of initial page and in Q & A’s still in foreign language (see earlier thread about Launch Shambles). Do hope this is not an omen as still remember previous difficulties with Click to Buy, when purchasing Kona In September 2018.

In relation to the rumoured Battery exchange for the Kona, I am a little concerned about how well such a new and complicated procedure will be carried out - if required. However, this is not the sole reason for considering the Project 45.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks for that. This ticks many of the boxes I was looking for in a new EV, (i3 driver for 4 years) but was disappointed when I heard all of the initial 3000 allocation for Europe was gone in 5 minutes of the launch website going live, and then later read the website for reserving your interest crashed. Have just filled in my details. Will see what happens.
Went with the "Gold"(looked creamy white to me!) with light interior.
Did not even check if it is gong to be a refundable deposit if the car is not to my liking. At this price, would always want a test drive before purchase and no details on spec on these initial "45" editions. Rear wheel drive/4 wheel drive? Glass roof/ solar roof? Battery size?
Hope they have sorted the battery tech out if they are considering exchanging thousands of batteries in Korea and the rest of the world.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ouch - just made my reservation and am both excited and nervous. Never taken such precipitous action sight unseen for so much money, I haven't even kicked the tyres and then nodded sagely... ;-)
Need a large cuppa tea and a quiet room

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,593 Posts
Never preordering a car again always have some sort of issues look at VW but maybe Hyundai could get it right with their previous experience of converting ICE cars.

·
Registered
43 Posts
it was annoying when the site crashed got the email yesterday and registered for a digital teal green/ light grey interior .wait the car lottery result

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
280 Posts
It looks as if the IONIQ 5 Project 45 Limited Edition has sold out. I pre-ordered last night, checking the site today it says "February 23rd - February 26th, 2021
Customers were able to reserve one of 3,000 limited Project 45 models."

I'm not sure about the colours - the extensive light grey around the sills and wheel arches only really goes with the Black or White IMHO, and I would have liked a plain pale interior. I reserved Digital Teal Green with the pale grey/green interior. Might well end up abandoning the Project 45, especially if there are better exterior and trim combinations available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i just hope that fact i have been on the keep me informed list and that i got a message i had been put on the reserve list before it completely crashed counts for something
not sure if this link has already been posted

·
Registered
539 Posts
Did you actually pay money @Tony Carter @MarkyM ?
I just filled in the form!?

Cat should be AWD, 73kwh with the solar roof iirc
No deposit paid. If I am one of the chosen ones then they will approach me to pay the £1k deposit at some time in the near future. At that stage I would like to know the actual spec! If I decide not pay the deposit then somebody else in the queue gets asked next (after reading the T&Cs last night). My name can still be put on a wait list for the normal 5 coming after the "limited edition 45" release.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts