Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3LR
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at cobham services for lunch. Didn’t need to charge but thought I’d try out the ionity chargers ahead of if I need them another time.

Plug in, says connected, and gives two choices - member or just pay direct. I try pressing the ‘direct’ side but it’s not a button, juts a message. So I tap my card and get an authorisation error message. Try a different card, try a different stall, same thing

then I spot a QR code on the cabinet and scan it. Apparently this is what you have to do - go to a mini web page, tell it which charger, then enter credit card details? It seemed to work but it’s such a faff. Better than RFID card or app, sure - but these have contactless pads (or looks like it) so why can’t I just pay with that directly?

if they’re all like this I’ll probably add them to my ‘only as a last resort’ list. If they’d been more convenient the price wouldn’t have been too much of an issue

· Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3LR
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Onto the ‘only if desperate’ pile then. Shame as they were blooming quick once I’d finished faffing about

1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.