Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

561 - 580 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Strange. I've seen pictures of an I-Pace charging there on Friday evening.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've seen photos of a car charging on other forums, complete with photos of the charging session in progress. Very strange.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is it that one or more are out of use and coned off ? Or were out of use just for a short time ?

Richard

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
We are all definitely talking about the same ones, right - the new Ionity 150kW rapid chargers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are all definitely talking about the same ones, right - the new Ionity 150kW rapid chargers?
Yes, new Ionity chargers in MK; seen in Facebook as working on Friday evening (from someone living in MK). I wonder if the tweets / visits were from earlier in the day (I've not seen definitive dates / times of those saying it wasn't available)

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
787 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
787 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Michael Ellis, roads minister, said “We are working to ensure high quality charging infrastructure is in place to support the clean, green vehicles travelling across the country.”

“Our Road to Zero strategy outlined plans to support the delivery of an electric vehicle infrastructure network that is accessible, reliable, affordable and secure and so we welcome Ionity’s plans to install High Power Charging networks across UK motorways.”
Does the roads minister realise these are restricted to CCS-only? Hardly "an infrastructure network that is accessible".

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Sure it is, you just need the right car/adaptor. ;)
Winky face doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. The Leaf is by far the most numerous and popular pure electric vehicle in the UK today, and the government should not be endorsing the restrictive practices of this company.

Will wait to see what my MP comes back with...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'm a LEAF driver and I'll be happy to see CCS as the winning standard.

Having a single standard of Rapid charging is the best way EV's are going to become popular and to be successful.

I just can envisage a day not too distant in the future where you will just have CCS everywhere in most supermarket car parks etc etc.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I was waiting 3 years ago. MP, transport minister, OLEV even Dale and Simon Crowfoot. Complete bunch of ineffectual buffoons. They are clueless to a man. The government is still giving money out for ad hoc installation to all and sundry. No Plan, No Leadership, wasting money like no tomorrow. Sad to say without a strategic plan the charging infrastructure will take more time to be any use to the majority and plenty of money will be wasted. Sadly ICE for me until the shambles shakeout is over.

Richard

·
Registered
599 Posts
Winky face doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. The Leaf is by far the most numerous and popular pure electric vehicle in the UK today, and the government should not be endorsing the restrictive practices of this company.

Leaf is currently most popular, but there is significantly more competition coming, which will have CCS charging since that's what the EU have decided on. Ionity is building a network for future cars, not the current crop. And it's partially funded by a bunch of companies who make CCS cars. Going forward it seems only new vehicles with chademo will be Leafs, eNV 200 and Outlanders.

Ionity aren't the only ones with "restrictive practices". Ecotricity are the bane of CCS users lives whenever we have the misfortune of doing a long motorway run. People with Zoes get very animated about Instavolt. It's all swings and roundabouts. And the sooner it is properly standardised the better tbh.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Again another fail by Nissan not switching to CCS along with everybody else.Bring on these Ionity chargers looks to be a great network.
Maybe someone will make a Chademo to CCS adaptor.
Maybe we should all write to our MPs complaining that Ecotricity have very little CCS in their Nissan/ Renault funded network.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Given the locations of the Ionity chargers at gas stations, I fail to see way Leaf (and other slow charging EV) owners would wish to use them. It is not as if they are removing the EH chargers from next to the large "charging waiting areas" at the moter services.

561 - 580 of 619 Posts
About this Discussion
618 Replies
84 Participants
Malcolm Hedges
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing