Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

581 - 600 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Winky face doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. The Leaf is by far the most numerous and popular pure electric vehicle in the UK today, and the government should not be endorsing the restrictive practices of this company.
Not sure that you can expect to get anywhere with your complaint... I think that ionity are not even close to having an overwhelming market share, so unlikely to be able to excerpt undue influence on the charging market. As far as I'm aware they're a private company under no universal service obligation, and on the face of it have chosen to restrict their potential pool of customers, presumably this makes sense to them.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Winky face doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. The Leaf is by far the most numerous and popular pure electric vehicle in the UK today, and the government should not be endorsing the restrictive practices of this company.

Will wait to see what my MP comes back with...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Posts in wrong order ???? This posted 10:47 5 July 2019

SEEMS TO HAVE SORTED ITSELF OUT NOW ?

Richard

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just to point out that Ionity is a Joint-Venture company founded by VAG (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, etc.). BMW (and Mini), Daimler (Merc, Smart, EQ), and Ford.

Strange that none of them have CHaDemo vehicles.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Interesting to hear that the government want to make the UK the best country in the world for owning an EV. A long way to go to catch up with Norway I would suggest and the lack of leadership and investment to date doesn’t bode well for this ambition. In the end it will be the manufacturers who will invest to sort it all out otherwise they won’t be selling many EVs with the current hopeless state of the networks. No doubt this is what the government are hoping.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Putting this in context the Renault/Nissan alliance along with some EU (TEN-T) funding paid for and built the EH and a few other installs such as at dealers and IKEA etc. This is why Chademo was the majority connector. Only when the EU funded TEN-T network was installed, was CCS actually required. This network will stay for some time and has the MSA monopoly sites.

Ionity is another group of car makers installing a network and legally must install CCS. They want super fast charging and are aiming at minimum 150 kW and hoping to install 350 kW. The manufacturers MUST by law fit CCS to their cars and fit CCS to any chargers they install.

Ionity is in the build phase and that is why we see the number of installs.

Renault/Nissan/EH stopped any new installs 3 years ago. These are the laggards and I would worry about buying a Chademo car from them or anybody else. This is where any complaints about Chademo networks should be directed. They fit Chademo to their cars and should ensure their network is up to the job.

Richard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stopped briefly at Gretna services today - no picture I'm afraid, but both the charge points and the supporting infrastructure now seem to be in place. Looks like access works and surfacing to complete. Looking forward to this going live as we pass nearly every week on a 200+ mile journey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I passed Gretna today. Four of the six chargers are installed but not powered up yet. Two charger points to be installed yet. Tarmac down, so just a matter of commissioning the actual chargers to be done. Might have to wait until the other two have been physically installed.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I passed Gretna today. Four of the six chargers are installed but not powered up yet. Two charger points to be installed yet. Tarmac down, so just a matter of commissioning the actual chargers to be done. Might have to wait until the other two have been physically installed.
Might have to wait for DNO to find some useable connection.

581 - 600 of 619 Posts
About this Discussion
618 Replies
84 Participants
Malcolm Hedges
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing