781 - 800 of 839 Posts

·
EGGY
1,114 Posts
229 - Another one in Germany, plus Cobham has started work apparently

·
Registered
39 Posts
audi... pay £4.95 pm and get HPc at only 70p per kWh.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,844 Posts
audi... pay £4.95 pm and get HPc at only 70p per kWh.
Still double what Tesla charge for SuC. And there’s no monthly subscription.

·
Registered
39 Posts
“Still double what Tesla charge for SuC. And there’s no monthly subscription.“

my post was made with some sarcasm

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
There's a few more details need adding to that. There's a £16.95 per month option, free for the first year with a new etron and £150 credit.
The £4.95 per month looks like it gives a polar subscription from a quick glance.

Still doesn't compare to supercharging prices but of you care just buy a Tesla.

·
Registered
506 Posts
May already have been covered but is ZapMap correct by quoting IONITY charging costs at 69p per KW? Wow, if true, that's more than fossil fuels :eek:
The cost is eye watering, they were good value when it was a flat £8/8€ for all the charge you could take. Hyundai for one are part of the Ionity consortium and hopefully will be announcing a deal soon. Of particular interest if you need their network in Europe which is more extensive than the UK. I can manage without their network in the UK but if there was a deal I would be tempted as you can charge at around 70kw and the A14 one is well placed.

I emailed Hyundai yesterday to see if they could tell me anything and got this reply. So maybe soon there will be a deal announced. Hyundai joined the partnership last September, surely there would be no point buying into the consortium unless there would be a deal to offer to Hyundai EV owners?

“Thank you for your email. In regards the partnership between Hyundai and Ionity, please see the following links:

https://ionity.eu/https://ionity.eu/

https://ionity.eu/en/where-and-how.html

We are currently in the process of finalising our relationship with IONITY, so we are unable to confirm our plans at this stage. We will make customers aware of any developments in due course.”

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can register for Maingau and use their app for Ionity bringing the price back to 36p

The app is in English so easy to sign up for, and they'll also send you an RFID card (but the letter with it is in German)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
You can register for Maingau and use their app for Ionity bringing the price back to 36p

The app is in English so easy to sign up for, and they'll also send you an RFID card (but the letter with it is in German)

Oooh great. An app AND and RFID card.

Can't wait to leave that one behind. ;)

·
Registered
4,904 Posts

How much does it cost to register or the monthly charge?

·
Registered
425 Posts
How much does it cost to register or the monthly charge?
Free to register, no monthly charge. RFID is optional, their app can start the HPC units. RFID is generally used for some technologically challenged AC units primarily.

For payment, you can use a credit card, but no paypal or non-German direct debit.

Rumour mill has it that they might change their tariffs in June; they have changed their tariffs (surprise, never lower) almost every year.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Free to register, no monthly charge. RFID is optional, their app can start the HPC units. RFID is generally used for some technologically challenged AC units primarily.

For payment, you can use a credit card, but no paypal or non-German direct debit.

Rumour mill has it that they might change their tariffs in June; they have changed their tariffs (surprise, never lower) almost every year.
I have a direct debit from a standard UK bank account set up with Maingau - it is, admittedly, awkward and requires IBAN / BIC code but seems to work. One quirk was that, despite the app showing the option, it actually required setting up on their website. Once done, app and RFID work fine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have used Ionity in the UK and France. My preferred network with a Maingau RFID card and had two billing cycles debited directly from my bank account without a problem.

A day or two ago I received an email from Maingau stating that customers can now set up their account with a credit card, which is what I will be doing.

Worth checking their web site here for pricing as it varies between countries. Austria Sweden and Denmark are much more expensive. Also watch for the by the minute penalty for overstaying!

781 - 800 of 839 Posts