Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

801 - 820 of 839 Posts

·
EGGY
1,114 Posts

They could do with branching out from the german heartland a bit, Scandi's have decent coverage but large gaps in France, Spain and Italy for the post Covid EV low carbon holiday traveller. Still probably not a lot of that going on this year, so they'll have another year to fix it. YouTube guy just driven his Taycan back from Malago to Oslo after a difficult journey down, big gaps in Spain

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know it's been mentioned previously, but I think it's worth reiterating; that if you use the Charge Point App, you can charge at Ionity for a flat £7.60 per session fee, rather than their 69p/kWh rate....which, if one arrived with a conveniently low S.o.C, might bring you those higher speeds vs prices in the low 20p's (depending on your battery capacity).....the Charge Point App people still send out free RFID cards too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know it's been mentioned previously, but I think it's worth reiterating; that if you use the Charge Point App, you can charge at Ionity for a flat £7.60 per session fee, rather than their 69p/kWh rate....which, if one arrived with a conveniently low S.o.C, might bring you those higher speeds vs prices in the low 20p's (depending on your battery capacity).....the Charge Point App people still send out free RFID cards too. View attachment 130831
Don't tell everyone 😉, can only be a matter of time until someone notices and this option is closed. A good deal at present though. MainGau account / card is also a good option for smaller batteries / quick top-ups...per unit pricing, currently at €0.40/kWh.

Reactions: John32

·
Registered
231 Posts
As I understand it Maingau has a partner arrangement with Ionity so like the other partner arrangements they have you pay €0.40 kW. The 69p/kW in the UK is the turn up and pay rate with a debit or credit card. Other networks charge more for debit or credit card transactions and a better rate if you have their card or app. Ionity's ad hock rate is just so much higher.

So if you need more than 22kW use the ChargePoint card, less than that use the Maingau card.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wonder how reliable is low flat rate via ChargePoint.
It happened to me twice already with NewMotion (now Shell) that I was charged pKWh price instead of flat rate (~40E instead of 7.5E). Pricing has changed on those 2 stations between my charging sessions and the invoice two months later. Difficult to complain unless you take screenshot.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The Cambridge Services (actually some miles north west of cambridge at Boxworth) look to be near completion. Given that there's only a single CCS combo socket on an EH charger on site, they can't be too soon. I was there yesterday, 8th June 2020.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Perth site looks the same as Cambridge - passed it today. looks like it is waiting for the grid connection and commissioning

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Behind the fence are a bunch of big cabinets which I am guessing are batteries to buffer the load on the grid. historically Cambridge hasn't had much spare margin for grid loading which is still being used as an excuse today for lack of rapid chargers, i.e. lack of power.

speaking of which, there are a load of rapids being deployed in Cambridge but for taxis only because they are being paid for by OLEV grants which make them exclusive.

I wonder how the St. Ives project is progressing:
St Ives Park & Ride Smart Energy Grid - MLEI
edit: they were talking about it back in 2016, approved it 2017-ish and were due to start early this year

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Cambridge Services (actually some miles north west of cambridge at Boxworth) look to be near completion. Given that there's only a single CCS combo socket on an EH charger on site, they can't be too soon. I was there yesterday, 8th June 2020.
Last time I was there, a VW PHEV was on the tethered Type2😥 It's a reasonably good location for east/west A14 & north/south M11. I was pretty impressed with the A14 upgrade - think they should have kept the average speed cameras though, really stopped all that dangerous speeding/slowing down that was common with the fixed cameras.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,222 Posts

·
EGGY
1,114 Posts
245 - another 1 in the fatherland and a couple in Spain, which has a lot of holes in the network

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,844 Posts
Currently free of charge.

321CA1E4-EAA5-4D0B-8DC2-C33A0DEBD83F.png

Reactions: Woodulike

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,222 Posts

801 - 820 of 839 Posts