Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we all know that Ionity is this loss-making consortium launched by VAG in partnership with other German automakers, to rival the Supercharger network, but also to push for CCS to help drive out the incumbent competition from Asia.

In Italy, it looks like Ionity is being forced to install at least one Chademo at the highway stations.
I say forced because this goes against everything they're trying to do to quash Chademo.

An Avia station in France:

A Shell station in France:

One CCS only charger out of order:

This is in Italy:

shoot, I posted it in the wrong section.
Apologise for that.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The Chinese cars will just use CCS anyway, and the Japanese are still hanging their hat on hydrogen so not sure how it’s meant to drive out the competition 😆

Reactions: Chrisb

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Irrelevent information, Nissan are adopting CCS anyway going forward for the EU.

I wonder if Ionity are making as big a loss as Nissan?

In mid-November the automaker posted a quarterly loss of about 44.4 billion yen ($420 million). It is now expecting to lose several times that — about 615 billion yen ($5.9 billion) in the fiscal year 2020, which ends in March. That is an improvement over its original expected loss of about 670 billion yen, which is about the same amount of money it lost in the fiscal year 2019.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,803 Posts
Yep, because 3 photos of Ionity branded chargers that also happen to have a Chademo connector is proof that Chademo isn’t a declining charging connector for all Euro EV launches going forward…

What’s your point again?

Why are so many of your posts laden with conspiracy theories?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
And what the Hell have Ionity got to do with ChaDeMo anyway?

What Jap manufacturers have funded their network?

Why do Nissan funded Ecotricity chargers not have CCS too?

By the way Ionity is an awesome network and very welcome.

I have 2 Leaf’s by the way so being totally unbiased here but ChaDeMo is ultimately finished in Europe but of course the connector will be supported for many years.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
France had legally required Chademo on all chargers.

Now they don't.

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
398 Posts
So we all know that Ionity is this loss-making consortium launched by VAG in partnership with other German automakers, to rival the Supercharger network, but also to push for CCS to help drive out the incumbent competition from Asia.

In Italy, it looks like Ionity is being forced to install at least one Chademo at the highway stations.
I say forced because this goes against everything they're trying to do to quash Chademo.

An Avia station in France:

View attachment 144756

View attachment 144757

A Shell station in France:

View attachment 144759 One CCS only charger out of order:

View attachment 144758

This is in Italy:

View attachment 144760
shoot, I posted it in the wrong section.
Apologise for that.
🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One interesting thing to note was that ALL of these chargers were unoccupied when I drove by.
I wonder how long Ionity will be able to stay afloat and it's not like they have huge coverage.
They do have chargers here and there but still huge blank spots such that they are irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Other companies like EnelX are installing new Chademo chargers by the hundreds, I think that people are writing it off prematurely or are being paid to troll against it.

As an example, EnelX is going to install 108 new fast chargers in Sardinia (Italy) alone, all will have the 3 connectors.
After this, Sardinia will be the area with the highest density of fast chargers in Europe and maybe even the world.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
I think we'd all like to know how much you're getting paid to post against Chademo.

Me, I'm just happy with the DOGE I get every week from Elon.

1 post = 1 DOGE
I’d love to be in on that gig, got any inside track to how I can join? 🤔

The money I get from CharIN to troll Chademo was ok at the start, but has started to dry up a bit as everybody is going CCS now anyway.

Any ideas to keep two EVs going would be most welcome.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,565 Posts
I’d love to be in on that gig, got any inside track to how I can join? 🤔

The money I get from CharIN to troll Chademo was ok at the start, but has started to dry up a bit as everybody is going CCS now anyway.

Any ideas to keep two EVs going would be most welcome.
I think your wife is hiding the DOGE she gets for driving a Tesla from you. Confront her about it. Tonight.

I'm surprised you don't get any Reichsmarks for all the posts you make (clearly lies) about your ID.3 being trouble free?

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
I think your wife is hiding the DOGE she gets for driving a Tesla from you. Confront her about it. Tonight.

I'm surprised you don't get any Reichsmarks for all the posts you make (clearly lies) about your ID.3 being trouble free?
I’ll confront her as soon as she gets back from her extra 121 tennis lesson with her coach Sven, she’s been having a lot of extra tennis lessons lately for some reason…

I don’t push my trouble free ID.3 for Reichsmarks, but just because I’ve a bit of a crush on the VW service receptionist. She’s been seeing a lot of me, but keeps reminding me that ‘no fault has been found’.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,565 Posts
I’ll confront her as soon as she gets back from her extra 121 tennis lesson with her coach Sven, she’s been having a lot of extra tennis lessons lately for some reason…

I don’t push my trouble free ID.3 for Reichsmarks, but just because I’ve a bit of a crush on the VW service receptionist. She’s been seeing a lot of me, but keeps reminding me that ‘no fault has been found’.
Sorry to break this to you, but your wife has been getting extra tennis 'coaching' because her yoga instructor has a groin injury.

I've been having an affair with the Tesla service centre girl. But in accordance with the rules, it's strictly non-contact and all via the app.

I've decided not to go for the ID.3 in the end, as the bonnet is to short to compensate for my manhood. Waiting until BMW bring out something more tasteful.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Sorry to break this to you, but your wife has been getting extra tennis 'coaching' because her yoga instructor has a groin injury.

I've been having an affair with the Tesla service centre girl. But in accordance with the rules, it's strictly non-contact and all via the app.

I've decided not to go for the ID.3 in the end, as the bonnet is to short to compensate for my manhood. Waiting until BMW bring out something more tasteful.
Now you mention it, her yoga instructor was walking with a limp the last time I saw him… 🤔

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.