Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
And in places like Holland you can you use all chargers as long as you are a member of one. The companies have to 'own the problem' under Dutch rules and recharge each other. So Ionity membership (or any other) gives you access to all charging points and there are a lot of them in Holland!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
This seems to be a list of the networks available to those taking the new Audi subscription in the UK (inc Ionity):-

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Many company car drivers have to visit the same locations often.
That's also hoping its near their business sites or home site but then taking up time before or after the site visit :) Trunk roads with a costa/starbucks open 24/7 is the way forward

·
Waiting for C Class estate 350e...
30 Posts
This seems to be a list of the networks available to those taking the new Audi subscription in the UK (inc Ionity):-

As my E-Tron has now left Brussels this is very interesting..

Let's see if it's practical once in place..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ve done my first 2,500 miles in my e-tron. So far I’ve charged up 5 times at public chargers, and I’ve only done this on major round trip motorway journeys (506 miles & 502 miles respectively).

£66.88 of charge for the 506 miler, and £42.20 for the 502 mile one (there was a free 7kw charger at the destination). You can add £5.23 to each journey for the 100% starting charge (95kWh @ 5.5p). I think that makes my cost:

• £72.11 / 506 miles = 14.25p/mile
  • £47.43 / 502 miles = 9.4p/mile
  • The other 1,500 miles getting c.2mi/kWh, so £41.25 / 1,500 c.= 2.75p/mile

My paid for charges total 218kWh (146kWh @ 43p and 72 kWh @ 35p). With full price IONITY they’d have costed £150.42 (an extra £50).

The total cost of 2,500 miles for me was ~£160.79 (6.4p/mile) and would have gone up to ~£202.13 (8.1p/mile) if I had used IONITY. Both rates significantly better than a diesel SUV that weighs 2+ tonnes (I know more efficient BEVs are available) and over 12,000 miles if the extra cost was £204 but that guaranteed instant access without a queue, reliability, and faster charge speeds then I’d be absolutely willing to pay it!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Instavolt with alway 2 chargers and contactless increases the stastical chance of a charge no end and they always seem to be working. Well marked etc to minamise ICEing. Cant see how it can get much better and charging twice as much directly or indirectly brings nothing.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Instavolt with alway 2 chargers and contactless increases the stastical chance of a charge no end and they always seem to be working. Well marked etc to minamise ICEing. Cant see how it can get much better and charging twice as much directly or indirectly brings nothing.
Instavolt does not have 150kw chargers within minutes of moterways. Just like airport food, I expect Ionity will mostly be used by people on expensives and for a "get out of jail card" when other people fail to plan.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Instavolt does not have 150kw chargers within minutes of moterways. Just like airport food, I expect Ionity will mostly be used by people on expensives and for a "get out of jail card" when other people fail to plan.
Instavolt do have a shared 125kW (I managed 90kW) about 30s from the M1 near Sheffield.

Faced with a choice of 35p for Instavolt or 43p for E.on, I’d pick Eon for the extra 50kW I get. I’d obviously pick E.on over IONITY if all things were equal. But my point is that convenience is going to be the greatest driver of choice for lots of people, me included, not saving £200/year

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like no discount through the new motion/shell recharge app
€0.70 is a €0.09 discount from the €0.79 Euro PAYG price. It's not much though, and doesn't really equate to anything with the current exchange rate.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Comparing to Instavolt, I think the difference is in the kind of sites Instavolt are choosing. If you look at their more recent partnerships they are choosing places you might actually want to stop for 30mins to an hour. The IONITY and Chargemaster trend of being at petrol stations isn't good.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
24,397 Posts
And in places like Holland you can you use all chargers as long as you are a member of one. The companies have to 'own the problem' under Dutch rules and recharge each other. So Ionity membership (or any other) gives you access to all charging points and there are a lot of them in Holland!
S'Funny. I basically suggested this on another thread, and people threw endless scorn at me.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Comparing to Instavolt, I think the difference is in the kind of sites Instavolt are choosing. If you look at their more recent partnerships they are choosing places you might actually want to stop for 30mins to an hour. The IONITY and Chargemaster trend of being at petrol stations isn't good.
That totally depends on how much charge your car can add in under 10 minutes and if it is enough to get you home.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That totally depends on how much charge your car can add in under 10 minutes and if it is enough to get you home.
And also not all petrol stations are created equal, the E.on charger in Birmingham is a petrol station but it does hot drinks and food, and has tables you can eat at. I definitely prefer an instavolt with a pub, Costa, KFC & McDonalds...

281 - 295 of 295 Posts