Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on many press stories and online posts that Ionity are excessively pricey for non members who don't drive cars from the manufacturers who financed the network.

What I haven't read is how drivers of these brands can acess the discounted pricing.

Is this something that only applies to fleet drivers?

I drive an EV from one of the brands and this was never mentioned by the sales folks at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
With VW you can access a special rate subscription via the app once you successfully register your car. It’s not exactly advertised though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hyundai and Kia provide it through ChargemyHyundai or chargemykia. Unfortunately existing customers need to pay a subscription to access the discounted rates, whereas new customers get a years subscription as part of the purchase package.
I think it worked out that the subscription was value for money if you use ionity twice a month or so ... Obviously the more you charge the better value it would be.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE MY20.5
39 Posts
Hyundai and Kia provide it through ChargemyHyundai or chargemykia. Unfortunately existing customers need to pay a subscription to access the discounted rates, whereas new customers get a years subscription as part of the purchase package.
I think it worked out that the subscription was value for money if you use ionity twice a month or so ... Obviously the more you charge the better value it would be.
Yes, ChargeMyHyundai subscription for using Ionity is £11.25 a month (and you have to agree to a 12 month subscription) but it brings the price down to 25p kW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts