Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To new owners: Anybody signed up? RFID card?
Which one did you choose? Cannot see any info about reduced Ionity prices when you are a member.
I was hoping it would recognise the car as the P45 from the VIN when signing up to “Charge my Hyundai app”.
Any pointers?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The consensus is that the Ioniq by default comes with 1 year subscription, but the P45 comes with 2, both giving a flat cost of 25p per kWh.
To be confirmed....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just received my Charge MyHyundai card.

When you sign up and put your VIN Number in there was only one option that looked like it was full price (not very well laid out), anyway this does send a promo code to the system for the Ionity Premium Package 24 months with no base fee.

I ordered my card and added 10 days for delivery (I thought this may be the activation date - it is not) When the card arrives you have to activate the card via the chargemyhyundai app (not done this yet as the 2 years starts when you do this).

You also have to authorise the Bluelink app to give your consent. When this is done you can go into the account page (via the Chargemyhyundai app) and in the contract overview page it will show the Flex Tariff and a box with "Ionity Premium Package 24 months with no base fee"

I haven't authorised my card yet by adding it to the app, I will do that just before I know I am going to start going long distance travelling.

The system is not very well laid out and is a bit confusing - apart from the Auth bit I think I have done it correctly

If you need it there is a customer Hotline number +44 20 3872 2477

email [email protected]

Hope this helps

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received my Charge MyHyundai card.

When you sign up and put your VIN Number in there was only one option that looked like it was full price (not very well laid out), anyway this does send a promo code to the system for the Ionity Premium Package 24 months with no base fee.

I ordered my card and added 10 days for delivery (I thought this may be the activation date - it is not) When the card arrives you have to activate the card via the chargemyhyundai app (not done this yet as the 2 years starts when you do this).

You also have to authorise the Bluelink app to give your consent. When this is done you can go into the account page (via the Chargemyhyundai app) and in the contract overview page it will show the Flex Tariff and a box with "Ionity Premium Package 24 months with no base fee"

I haven't authorised my card yet by adding it to the app, I will do that just before I know I am going to start going long distance travelling.

The system is not very well laid out and is a bit confusing - apart from the Auth bit I think I have done it correctly

If you need it there is a customer Hotline number +44 20 3872 2477

email [email protected]

Hope this helps

Regards

Phil
Thanks that is really helpful. Not laid out helpfully is an understatement!
Really confusing.
Only able to choose the “Flex” option which has no base fee but a 49p “session fee” and then states Ionity charge price of 69p/kWh.
There was ac”Recommend“ option which included access to BP/Pulse at £7.95?or so and in the small print states Ionity costs £0.00 to use which I thought was the option we had to choose but no option to click on!
About to sign up & agree and again in the summary is showing £1.99 activation fee, £0.00 base fee, £0.49 session fee and £0.69 /kWh Ionity fee!
I hope I’m not signing up to the wrong tariff!

·
Registered
283 Posts
As far as I remember I think it was the flex option when I did it (Why can’t Hyundai just make it simple by adding your VIN and press yes, guess that would be too easy). I think when it goes through you will be OK, just check the contract overview page. Don’t forget you can always call the helpline. Hope it works out OK for you
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems to be ok. The relevant info about the 2 year P45 subscription was at the bottom of the page and various small print. But yes, just clicked on the “Flex” option as that was the only option and it all seemed to work out…I hope.
Card on its way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts