Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I upgraded ios 14 to include EV routing which apparently includes charge times to CarPlay. I’m having trouble getting the e-golf into the settings: I’m looking for My Vehicles in iOS Maps but I can see nothing To include any vehicles at all.

has anyone cracked this yet?

·
Registered
185 Posts
According to Apple, It's here now (IOS 14).
In maps on your iphone, you should see the following:-
Connect Maps to your vehicle’s EV routing app
  1. In Maps, tap
    the Settings button
  2. Tap My Vehicles.
  3. Tap Connect Your Electric Vehicles.
  4. Choose your vehicle, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Problem is, I don't see the option my vehicles"
I guess that's the problem @Snax has also?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The vehicle needs to support EV routing and you need to download a vehicle specific app.

3 Download your vehicle’s app (be sure it supports electric vehicle routing) to your iOS device.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
202 Posts
I dont think any vehicles are compatible with it yet. I read only bmw are working on their app to work with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dont think any vehicles are compatible with it yet. I read only bmw are working on their app to work with it.
Agree.. if you look at the screen capture from Apple's keynote only BMW and Ford were listed at the time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a ticket open with VW USA about this. No response yet. We ALL need to pressure VW to add this functionality. VW is pushing EVs now, so they need to support all of us early adopters. This is a software fix that has to come from VW. Please open support requests with VW.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree it would be nice to get more help from Apple, too. I hope Plugshare and Zapmap get good CarPlay functionality.

I did hear back from VW - I was told VW will not be changing the e-Golf software at this time thank to a decision by the German sales team. I need to get ahold of Herbert Diess's email and complain to him - he is pushing VW to make more EVs. Anyone know his email? Is it as easy as [email protected]?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I see that ABRP and WattsUp are now working with ApplePlay. A couple of very useful apps to aid planning longer distance BEV trips when we are able to do such trips again!

·
Registered
VW ID3
12 Posts
Any better route planners for EV’s besides ABRP? I find it hard to make what we need with ABRP. If I insert a middle stop on a charging point it doesn’t recognise it has one and forces another stop for charging. And I can’t simply eliminate those stops after.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any better route planners for EV’s besides ABRP? I find it hard to make what we need with ABRP. If I insert a middle stop on a charging point it doesn’t recognise it has one and forces another stop for charging. And I can’t simply eliminate those stops after.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
i think abrp is the best at the moment which actually has it’s own navigation built in. Before this I just used zap map to locate the best charger on my route, and then send the route to google maps using the zap map route option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts