Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo. I've agreed a deal today on a new iPace HSE, to replace my woefully unreliable BMW PHEV which after threatening legal action, the finance company has agreed to accept back without penalty.

iPace is coming in a week or so (stock car). First BEV so I'll be running some tests on the public charging options...!

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pano roof.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi lovely people

Well, after a brief flirt with the Audi and several goes to justify a Tesla MS, just bought a new iPace HSE. Picking it up this weekend.

Interesting to hear from anyone who has one. Good and bad....!

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Hope this will be a better experience than the BMW.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I collected my iPace today. What a machine. Just have to get to grips with the somewhat unintuitive and slow software.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An update - I've had this car a week now and covered about 600 miles. It's pretty awesome. Real world range for me is about 220 miles. It's very well equipped, spacious, quiet and comfortable. Goes like stink when you want it to. Sure-footed 4WD in the wet.

Booked in for th H264 update in January which seems to be adding about 5-8% to the range.

It's "blessed" with JLRs widescreen Infotainment system which I have to say is not the best, I'm now almost exclusively using Carplay instead.

Public charging has been limited so far to 1 x Rapid at Bury St Edmunds (the Instavolt at Bannatyne) which worked perfectly; I've also done workplace charging twice, and had a long charge at Hewlett Packard in Bracknell when I was there for work on Tuesday.

·
CARBON"KARS"
122 Posts
Woohoo. I've agreed a deal today on a new iPace HSE, to replace my woefully unreliable BMW PHEV which after threatening legal action, the finance company has agreed to accept back without penalty.

iPace is coming in a week or so (stock car). First BEV so I'll be running some tests on the public charging options...!
Great choice Sir , did the same with my dismally performing MB C350e , I have had mine just over a week now , you won't regret it .

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had it a week now, so far so very good!

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
It’s a car I keep coming back to, every time I see one I remember my test drive and how I thought it was a car I could live with quite easily!

If I could find a ‘bargain’ one, I’d be tempted to offload my e-Golf, especially as I will have occasion to do regular 200+ mile trips again soon.

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the forthcoming H264 update a 200 mile trip should be doable with some confidence....

·
Registered
470 Posts
It’s a car I keep coming back to, every time I see one I remember my test drive and how I thought it was a car I could live with quite easily!

If I could find a ‘bargain’ one, I’d be tempted to offload my e-Golf, especially as I will have occasion to do regular 200+ mile trips again soon.
Me too. Getting a demo model on Thursday for a few days, so will report back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi thinking about getting a Used I Pace is there any difference between a used one and a new one if it has the latest software updates?

·
EV Convert
iPace HSE / 2019
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not mechanically as far as I know. Others have reported that issues with early cars are resolved by applying software / firmware updates. Some require a dealer visit. If you buy from a Jaguar dealer you should make that part of the deal.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Double check its had the recalls done, there have been some batches with driveshaft issues IIRC the recall notices i got to see.
CCS always seems to be a struggle when your using the EH network but thats par for the course :) always worth a stop if it may be freevend :)
Does it make you feel like your back in the Rangey a little bit?
The sluggish IHU is a poor show when they could have plumped for something a bit quicker to do the work!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts