Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this app. Ampera Data+
It could be interesting but it needs a smartphone controller which they say is available at your local Vauxhall Opel dealer. This may not have reached the UK yet as my dealer was not aware of this product.
Geoff

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Interesting. Is the smartphone controller something that just plugs into the OBD2 port? Has anyone tried this with a standard OBD2 bluetooth device? Just a thought :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Its produced by Open in Germany, so its possible the controller is only available there at present. It can only be something that plugs into the ODB2 port can't it? Sounds like its worth keeping track of this app and the support pages to establish availability of the kit.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That's the basic version if you just run the app David, but it also says clearly that if you buy a smartphone controller you can monitor battery voltage, state of charge, etc etc. That's the interesting bit. But no mention of where you buy the controller hardware.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
Is it just able to monitor battery SOC and not control things? I want to be able to control the heater remotely.

If all it does is monitor then you are much better off getting the OVMS box for £80.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts