Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after the unpleasant purchase of VGate's iCarII I got hold of one of these Streetwize OBDII Code Reader for Android and IOS | Euro Car Parts eagerly I opened the box and plugged it in to the OBD port.

Excellent! Unlike the iCarII I was most pleased that it connected with phone immediately. Following the instructions with regards to settings on my iPhone SE I reconfigured the wi-fi I left the router and DNS fields blank to stop the phone connecting to the net through OBD adaptor, everything appears normal so far.

I access the settings on the LeafSpy app, following the instructions for the System panel after "Register Current SSID" I arrive at this...

IMG_2460.PNG

...after exiting settings the status area in the lower right corner should've switched to yellow while the OBD adaptor is initialised. I didn't see this occur, what I do receive is this..

IMG_2459.PNG

...the status area has failed to turn green as stated in the instructions, no communication is taking place between the app and phone. Am I doing something wrong?

Any ideas? Thanks :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
The evil Apple empire dislikes any accessories other than it's own vastly inflated costly ones to be used with it's closed ecosystem.
Get a cheap Android 'phone just for leafspy and you'll have no problems.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
119 Posts
the dongle is connected to the phone but it isn’t communicating with it.
send that dongle back and get this one instead. It‘a BT and will automatically connect. No pairing needed. Because it’s BT, you;l still be able to use your phones data whilst leafspy is connected.
good luck.
LELink^2 Configurable Auto On/Off Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android LELink^2 Configurable Auto On/Off Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts