Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have moved over to an iPhone from being an android user for years. One thing I have noticed is that when I hook the car up via Bluetooth to my iPhone 11 it won't import the contacts.

Has anyone else had any success with this on a 16 plate 30KwH leaf?

Thanks

Rich

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,087 Posts
You probably have to allow the contacts to be shared to that device. iOS 13 tightened up a lot of sharing so it wasn't just assumed for each device.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Mine is working fine, I did remove the previous owners phone details and reset the unit to default before ai connected.

Also try getting your iPhone to forget the device before reconnecting.

Congrats on the iPhone! Inwas also anti Apple for years and vowed I would never leave Android, it’s been a revaluation and something I wish I did earlier,

I did not want to be a sheep but once I got over that I found out why everyone else uses them, they are fantastic.

Oh the camera alone was worth the expense of the 11!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Go into the bluetooth settings of the phone and tap the little (i) next to the car connection and make sure 'Sync Contacts' is turned on.

Then, underneath, you need to choose which group of contacts you sync. Basically on your phone, you can put your contacts into groups. It's worth putting the 'phone' contacts into their own group otherwise all the contacts will sync - even ones that only have e-mail addresses. Alternatively, you can have it sync favourites and/or recents.

You might have to enable this on the car as well - I'm not familiar with the Leaf.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read about pressing the i on a different post but on the phone there is only the Sync Contacts option, which is turned on. I'm guessing its something to do with the way the Iphone IOS is setup. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts