Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, another musical question which I'm hoping someone will be able to resolve for me.

I have my iPod 160gb classic connected to the Ampera, which has about 10 years of music on, when looking through my music collection on the Ampera it takes forever as the screen does not switch to Alphabet on the Tuning dial after a couple of turns and then after about 20 pages it loses it place.

I have tried pushing the scroll bar on the left down but that doesn't seem to work very well/at all either.

I have started to place albums that I want to listen to into playlists but feel that this kinda defeats the object.

Has anybody got any suggestions how to just go alphabetically through my list, A, B, C etc.

I also know I can start at the bottom but it is still a big pain.

I have obviously looked through the Infotainment guide but am unable to find a solution there either.

My old A2's Sony Head unit did it fine so thought the Ampera would be able to manage it as well :(

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I think you will find the issue is the way the head unit indexes the files. And basically you have too many of them for it to work efficiently :(

Just run a cable from the iPod headset port to the auxiliary input on the Ampera and miss the head unit out of the loop, or it will slowly drive you crazy ! (128gb iPhone user)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yeah, iPod support .... Think they were testing it with a shuffle or nano ;)
My iPhone (which isn't even full) can take upto 10 minutes some days to index, and even then it always screws up the Podcasts!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Plus an iPhone is SSD rather than HDD so may be quicker. To be honest, I just use a 32Gb stick. They're cheap as chips, solid state and once indexed are very quick. Thought that I read that there's a 1000 track limit, but I'm sure it's got all of them (ie >1000 tracks).

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Just have mine permanently on shuffle. Occasionally gets confused and I have to disconnect and reconnect again. Believe me, after spending £250 on ipod 'integration' on my previous prius and finding it couldn't even show artist let alone play lists this is huge step forward!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
And album art is nice...if somewhat hit & miss. I've had iTunes purchased tracks and it doesn't show...yet on imported CDs where I've manually added artwork and then dragged the tracks straight from iTunes to the stick, the art does appear. :confused:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
And album art is nice...if somewhat hit & miss. I've had iTunes purchased tracks and it doesn't show...yet on imported CDs where I've manually added artwork and then dragged the tracks straight from iTunes to the stick, the art does appear. :confused:
Mine also shows completely random artwork and text, that is often in no way related to the music that is playing....
But it's still way better than my old Parrot Bluetooth system.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I don't get that at all...I either get the correct artwork or none (and just the USB icon). In the case of the iPod it will be an iPod icon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup USB stick works brilliantly for me too, my only gripe is that it forgets where it is when I turn the car off and always starts with the same album (which begins with an "X" :confused:) when I turn the car back on. Does everyone's do this?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Pretty sure mine just carries on where it left off...but can't remember whether it restarts the song.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Meh I gave up on the stereo a long time ago.. it remembers the folder that it's playing MP3's from but it plays them Alphabetically..rather than in designated Track Order... Seriously who tested this rubbish?! reason #378 why I'll never buy another GM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts