Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a factory build ID3 on order?
Is Brexit and Delays at Port (either in UK or Germany). affecting delivery or is the delivery on track?

My car was buildt in week 51 last year but still no sign of a delivery date.
The Deaerl says to expect mid Feb at the earliest.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
I'm fascinated to know seeing as my ID3 Tour is supposed to be built in week 4 this month. Irish deliveries bound to be affected

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,266 Posts
I'm fascinated to know seeing as my ID3 Tour is supposed to be built in week 4 this month. Irish deliveries bound to be affected
I hear that a lot of freight has switched from the Holyhead-Dublin ferry to the Cherbourg-Rosslare one, avoiding the UK altogether. I doubt that will apply to car deliveries though.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family edition
168 Posts
Backlog at the ports was blamed for the late delivery of my ID.3 in December. It arrived in the UK and cleared customs before Christmas but didn’t arrive at the dealership until the 6th of January. Now there were bank holidays and snow that may have slowed it, but the dealer had expected it to be delivered on the 30th of December.

Cars that have not been built yet may be impacted by the slow down due to chip shortages.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
My car was buildt in week 51 last year but still no sign of a delivery date.
The Deaerl says to expect mid Feb at the earliest.
For my Passat, the dealer said that delivery is usually 6 weeks after it leaves the factory, so mid Feb sounds about right. I got my actual delivery date with a couple of days notice.

Are you tracking your order online?

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[/QUOTE]

I have tried to track online (Did this successfully with previous orders) but the line order tracker is not working so I need to go to either Dealer of VWCS for order updates.

Unless there is a new order tracker that I am not aware of

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
68 Posts

I have tried to track online (Did this successfully with previous orders) but the line order tracker is not working so I need to go to either Dealer of VWCS for order updates.

Unless there is a new order tracker that I am not aware of
My ID3 Tech build week was also week 51, so am also keen to know where the car is!

'My VW UK' has just (finally!) accepted my order number, but the status is 'In Transit', so not hugely informative! The Dealer does not know any more.

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My VW UK' has just (finally!) accepted my order number, but the status is 'In Transit', so not hugely informative! The Dealer does not know any more.
I called my dealer and they advised expect it Mid Feb at the earliest.
VWUK Order tracker still not working with my order number.
Do you mind me asking if you can post the link to the order tracker you are using?
I am using the "Add car" function on My Volkswagen UK but the website just hangs when I type in my order number.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
68 Posts
... Do you mind me asking if you can post the link to the order tracker you are using?
I am using the "Add car" function on My Volkswagen UK but the website just hangs when I type in my order number.
Sure: MY VW NGP
scroll down and click 'My VW UK'.

I had also managed to enter the VIN (from dealer) in the 'My Volkswagen Global Dashboard' (also from link above). Am not sure if entering the VIN somehow enabled the order number entry, which had never worked before. This only worked in the last couple of days, but neither dashboard provides much info yet!

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I had also managed to enter the VIN (from dealer) in the 'My Volkswagen Global Dashboard' (also from link above). Am not sure if entering the VIN somehow enabled the order number entry, which had never worked before. This only worked in the last couple of days, but neither dashboard provides much info yet!
Thanks- the tracker still not working for me: I will phone the dealer for the VIN tomorrow and see that enables things.

NB: As far as I know in transit means that it still has not left Germany or is currently as sea (not cleared uk customs) -
Do you know what port your car is coming into?
Mine is Port of Tyne. But shipping is less frequent to Tyne than Grimsby or Sheerness.

Its bit geeky (lockdown has done it to me) but you can track the shipping from DEME but its just guess work trying to determine which vessel your car will actually be on.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
68 Posts
NB: As far as I know in transit means that it still has not left Germany or is currently as sea (not cleared uk customs) -
Do you know what port your car is coming into? Mine is Port of Tyne. But shipping is less frequent to Tyne than Grimsby or Sheerness. Its bit geeky (lockdown has done it to me) but you can track the shipping from DEME ....
Mine will be Sheerness - a bit depressing if it's still in Germany 5 weeks after build, but I guess Xmas/Covid is bound to slow things down. (what is DEME ? - I'm all for a bit of geekyness!)

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine will be Sheerness - a bit depressing if it's still in Germany 5 weeks after build, but I guess Xmas/Covid is bound to slow things down. (what is DEME ? - I'm all for a bit of geekyness!)

Agree - I was counting on mine at least being in the UK

Sorry should have been clearer DEEME (Germany (DE) -Emden) -I think that Emden is the port of exit where most of the German Built Volkswagens ship from to uk eg Viking Constaza has left Emden yesterday and is docking in Grimsby tonight then on to Port of Tyne on Monday. (Fingers crossed my car is on it but who knows?)

Plenty of Marine tracking websites can show any vehicle transporters shipping from Emden to Sheerness

NB- The Tech will be a great car and is probably the one I should have ordered but couldn't stop myself wasting more money going for the Max ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts

Thanks for this - I’d created an account before, but it was refusing to accept my order now. It now has.

Unfortunately, although I’d be told (by my dealer and VW Customer services) a couple of weeks ago that the build week had been confirmed as week 4 - which I think should be stage 3 - the tracker now shows it at stage 2 ‘currently being scheduled’. That’s what VW Customer Services told me the other day, but couldn’t explain what had happened.

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I managed to get my VIN number from my dealer today:

When I add it to my cars on the VW global site it finds the car no problem.
I can't get any more details other than model and colour until we connect is activated.
Still no joy with the VWUK order tracker though -website just hangs up when I enter it- will try again tomorrow

My dealer has confirmed the car is in transit to uk and still on track for mid Feb but has offered to delay registration to march if that suits. I think I know what the sensible option is but not sure that I a sensible though?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
580 Posts
Delay it until March, it's not like we'll be allowed to drive anywhere but the supermarket until at least April!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I’d agree. Whilst it’s tempting to take the car immediately, unless you need it that quickly then, right now, you might as well wait until March and get it in the new registration year.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
68 Posts
My dealer has confirmed the car is in transit to uk and still on track for mid Feb but has offered to delay registration to march if that suits. I think I know what the sensible option is but not sure that I a sensible though?
I guess the sensible thing is to delay delivery - I'll probably have the same choice as my Tech is apparently at Emden waiting for a ship to Sheerness (according to a webchat with VW UK).
However, just wondering if there would be much/any difference in resale value, say after 5 years, in a car registered in Feb '21 versus March '21. Mine will be on a personal plate, so not worried about having a '21' reg.

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’d agree. Whilst it’s tempting to take the car immediately, unless you need it that quickly then, right now, you might as well wait until March and get it in the new registration year.
I agree -If the car arrives mid feb then a 2 week delay won't hurt too much. I have a private reg so 21 plate won't be a concern in the decision making. 1st Mar registration and will do a bit to help resale values.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
68 Posts
My Tech arrived in Sheerness today having spent a couple of weeks on the dock in Emden, so finally making progress! Dealer has confirmed it will have 2.0 installed.

@No_Petrol_Now - any sign of your Max yet ? There is a ship in Emden now heading for Grimsby ......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts