Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Is Brexit and port / customs delays affecting UK Vehicle Deliveries?

6K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a factory build ID3 on order?
Is Brexit and Delays at Port (either in UK or Germany). affecting delivery or is the delivery on track?

My car was buildt in week 51 last year but still no sign of a delivery date.
The Deaerl says to expect mid Feb at the earliest.

#4 ·
Backlog at the ports was blamed for the late delivery of my ID.3 in December. It arrived in the UK and cleared customs before Christmas but didn’t arrive at the dealership until the 6th of January. Now there were bank holidays and snow that may have slowed it, but the dealer had expected it to be delivered on the 30th of December.

Cars that have not been built yet may be impacted by the slow down due to chip shortages.

#5 ·
My car was buildt in week 51 last year but still no sign of a delivery date.
The Deaerl says to expect mid Feb at the earliest.
For my Passat, the dealer said that delivery is usually 6 weeks after it leaves the factory, so mid Feb sounds about right. I got my actual delivery date with a couple of days notice.

Are you tracking your order online?

#6 ·
[/QUOTE]

I have tried to track online (Did this successfully with previous orders) but the line order tracker is not working so I need to go to either Dealer of VWCS for order updates.

Unless there is a new order tracker that I am not aware of

#7 ·

I have tried to track online (Did this successfully with previous orders) but the line order tracker is not working so I need to go to either Dealer of VWCS for order updates.

Unless there is a new order tracker that I am not aware of
My ID3 Tech build week was also week 51, so am also keen to know where the car is!

'My VW UK' has just (finally!) accepted my order number, but the status is 'In Transit', so not hugely informative! The Dealer does not know any more.

#15 ·
I managed to get my VIN number from my dealer today:

When I add it to my cars on the VW global site it finds the car no problem.
I can't get any more details other than model and colour until we connect is activated.
Still no joy with the VWUK order tracker though -website just hangs up when I enter it- will try again tomorrow

My dealer has confirmed the car is in transit to uk and still on track for mid Feb but has offered to delay registration to march if that suits. I think I know what the sensible option is but not sure that I a sensible though?

Any thoughts?

#18 ·
My dealer has confirmed the car is in transit to uk and still on track for mid Feb but has offered to delay registration to march if that suits. I think I know what the sensible option is but not sure that I a sensible though?
I guess the sensible thing is to delay delivery - I'll probably have the same choice as my Tech is apparently at Emden waiting for a ship to Sheerness (according to a webchat with VW UK).
However, just wondering if there would be much/any difference in resale value, say after 5 years, in a car registered in Feb '21 versus March '21. Mine will be on a personal plate, so not worried about having a '21' reg.

#21 ·
My Tech arrived in Sheerness today having spent a couple of weeks on the dock in Emden, so finally making progress! Dealer has confirmed it will have 2.0 installed.
Fantastic news! Finally factory orders are starting to coming through.
Yours is the 1st that I have heard of actual reaching UK.

I have not checked with the dealer yet since last week at risk of becoming a pest but I assume it's still on track for for mid Feb.

If so then another 2 week wait until March.

I think a ship docked at Port of Tyne on Tuesday (came on the Emden - Grimsby - Port of Tyne route) but don't know yet if my car was on. it. Nothing on the Port of Tyne forecast until after 4th Feb if it wasn't.

I guess you will be ready to rock and roll in the next 2 weeks (depending on transport and dealer capacity). Will you delay until 1st March ? :)

#25 ·
@No_Petrol_Now - I'm picking up my Tech tomorrow - has your Max shown up yet?
Wow that was Quick (About a week from port to OTR)
-Fantastic news looking forward to the pictures and the review of all tech toys :)

I am scared to check as the car is just going to sit on the drive until lockdown lifts a bit and the weather improves

I am still in two minds though: I am kind of resigned to a 1st Mar OTR date but expecting a phone call any day from the dealer asking me to make a decision about taking deliver or delay until March. The later that call comes then the easier it will be to delay until 1st Mar.

When did you get the good news from you dealer? What sort of warning did you get?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.