Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to start the climate control this morning to defrost the windows but I cannot connect via the web or phone app.

Is anyone having any success connecting to Carwings today?

·
Registered
245 Posts
My wife has succeeded in activating it this morning from her iPhone and I can get status updates on android. It appears to be working for us.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the customer care line and they did say they are working on Carwings at the moment and it will be intermittent. They could not tell me when a reliable service will resume.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I suppose we need to keep on phoning and pestering them until we do have a reliable service ☺

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that for the purposes of recording power use it is nearly completely useless... however, for the vast majority of the past 3+ years it has worked almost without fault for emailing me notifications and for remote starting of climate control. These are the only functions I need Carwings for and for those purposes it has worked pretty well.

That is why I raised the issue here... because it isn't normal for those functions not to be pretty reliable in my experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts