Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first EV in August - and the first thing I did was place a chargebump 'disk' on the windscreen. I imported the vehicle from the UK to Ireland. I originally registered with the UK number plate. When I went back into the app to change the registration number, I couldn't.

Is the app no longer supported?

The feedback from the community in Ireland is that folks who have bothered to use it moan that it's simply not worth bothering with - as nobody contacts them via chargebump. I would say the same but for the fact I cant even change the registered plate number to the new plate number on the app.

It's incredibly frustrating - as the premise of the app is brilliant. It would go a long way to solve problems for members of the EV community....IF it functioned.

Has the project been abandoned - or is it still running?

·
The best there is at what I do
10,652 Posts
I registered when I first got my car but have never used it and with the EH having a fixed 30min session I wouldn't bother to try and bump someone off early.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Here in NI,have yet to find an EV blocking a charger and unattended that was a fellow chargebump member...out of hope I'd enter the reg,but no joy.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
This was one of those ideas that sound great in principle but in practice isn't as useful as it looks. I didn't sign up as I developed a similar (in fact, almost identical!) system several years ago (called Charge Bay Alert!) and soon worked out that it would need to be used by almost everyone for it to be of any real, practical use.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I went with older technology - I have a card with my mobile phone number on it inviting any EV user who wishes to follow me onto a chargepoint to give me a ring, and I leave this visible on the dash if I am leaving my Leaf while charging - and I have once been rung up while I was finishing a coffee! OK it makes my mobile phone number public, but I have already quoted it to so many people (and it appears on my letterhead) that I doubt if having it displayed in the car will make any difference.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
I went with older technology - I have a card with my mobile phone number on it inviting any EV user who wishes to follow me onto a chargepoint to give me a ring, and I leave this visible on the dash if I am leaving my Leaf while charging - and I have once been rung up while I was finishing a coffee! OK it makes my mobile phone number public, but I have already quoted it to so many people (and it appears on my letterhead) that I doubt if having it displayed in the car will make any difference.
It's true that this use case seems best suited to peer-to-peer communications rather nam involving any kind of central server. But as stated above, charging for charging completely changes the dynamics anyway. Instead of a community-regulated free-for-all we are now merely consumers competing for resource availability.

EDIT -- Just realised that read like a Sir Humphrey monologue out of Yes Prime Minister...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I now need to change the registration I have in ChargeBump and can see no way to do so :-(

·
Registered
675 Posts
Drop me a private message and I can do that
Will do - would like to make it mandatory at least amongst the users at our office.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
A friend of mine living in Toronto is reporting that he is using the app at work everyday since they are 4 Leafs sharing a couple of charging points. So you can always find a good use of it, you have to convince those around you. I'm pushing it to my Nissan Leaf users' community in Spain but I'm waiting to be able to translate it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Paul: I PM'ed you recently with a view to getting my Reg updated on the chargebump system. Not sure if you got it? If there's another way to achieve this now, let me know how I can change registration on the system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

eeveepee

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I uninstalled and reinstalled (as I understand a new version was released in January). However, when I try to open this application (on android), I get this => "unfortunately, chargbump has stopped". That's before it boots up at all. Please help.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts