Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this on Plugshare. It's at Stafford North on the M6. It says they are Polar 150 kW Ultra Chargers

·
The best there is at what I do
10,675 Posts
There are also some at Reading Services, 2 or 3 years ago Instavolt got planning permission to install chargers at Corley Services but they never got installed. It would be nice to see more chargers at MSAs but i suspect like everything at services they will be very expensive.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,101 Posts
Shame Chargemaster didn't do this years ago really. Might have given ecotricity enough of a kick up the bum to sort themselves out a bit more.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Being from Ireland, the Ecotricity debate doesn't affect me much. There is only 1 in the entire island, north or south. At Ikea in Belfast.

However I've driven both of my EVs home. The second from Aberdeen, but the first from Leeds and I had a horrible time with Ecotricity.

Never could understand how they had cornered the market on motorway station charging.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I don't think it helped that they gave the electricity away free for years. I believe Nissan paid for the chargers, didn't they? Therefore if they'd charged for the electricity, they'd still have some money in the kitty to repair and update the chargers. Source London seem to manage, (though they are eyewateringly costly to charge at.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts