Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a month since our LEAF was delivered.

It was, however, delivered without any owner's manuals at all.

The dealer has been chased on several occasions, but they don't even bother to return my calls. Before it was ordered, they couldn't do enough to help. But since it has been delivered it's been somewhat different.

I plan to call them again in the next few days, but a colleague has questioned the legality of supplying a vehicle without any safety documentation. Technically I have no details about safe tyre pressures, changing a wheel, safe use of the charging system etc etc.

What does anyone else think?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
It's not clear if the car was new or 'preloved!'. If new from a Nissan Main dealer they will have to conform to the franchise levels as set by Nissan. If second hand from others, then anything goes.
As for the legality of selling without a manual, its legal, as is selling without spare wheel.
My own experience with both a second hand LEAF and a new one was excellent. The salesman insisted that he performed a full handover, taking nearly an hour to ensure that as I drove off I was aware of all factors of the car. Part of that handover included a brief tour of the two Manuals, plus a quick look at the service book.
Over the years I have found that dealers can vary greatly, as do salesmen. Some actually care about customers, others just want your money. The best for after sales have been Volvo and Fiat, the worse was a different Fiat dealer and a Land Rover sub-dealer in a large group. Unfortunately it can come down to personalities at the selling point.

I suggest that if the dealer involved in this failure is a 'Nissan' dealer , as Matt has said, name and shame.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
I suspect it is not legal because the manual contains all the compulsory warnings and statements.

When I bought mine my salesman had a checklist which we had to sign to say we had received all the paperwork, manuals, etc. Did you sign such a checklist?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ring the Boss, preferably at home. Also, always send E-mails as well,they cannot be lost, in spite of what some Secretaries and Salesmen believe, there is always a trail. Remember to copy to Nissan UK/Japan.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was delivered to us by transporter. The driver spent a few minutes explaining the basic details, but as we'd had a fairly long trial before we ordered, I was aware of all he said. As he was getting back in the cab to drive home I realised no manuals were in the car, or tax disc, and asked the driver. He said it was standard practice for them to be sent out separately. Not ever having purchased a new car previously, I knew no better! The tax disc arrived a few days later, which is when I chased the manuals!

Can anyone recommend a contact email for Nissan - looks like time for the BBC function on my email client!

·
Registered
219 Posts

The dealer has been chased on several occasions, but they don't even bother to return my calls. Before it was ordered, they couldn't do enough to help. But since it has been delivered it's been somewhat different.

I plan to call them again in the next few days, but a colleague has questioned the legality of supplying a vehicle without any safety documentation. Technically I have no details about safe tyre pressures, changing a wheel, safe use of the charging system etc etc.

Hi MRH,
We might be able to help look into this for you.
Would you mind emailing me your details to [email protected] please? I need full name, contact number, dealer name and reg number please.
Thanks
^GH

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Unfortunately some sales people rob Peter to pay Paul. The manual pack would have been delivered with the car from the factory but they probably also had a LEAF being delivered prior to yours by a different salesman, where they 'may have' took yours to satisfy their needs without any consciousness of their actions.

I have a near new demo Acenta and on my starting I inspected all of the LEAFs where this particular car had the ODB port flap and the Inflation pump missing. These were definitely taken by someone in the dealership and it seems common practice to keep doing this so the sales department do not have to spend any money on replacement costs. Sad :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Colin - haven't checked for the inflation pump.... will do that when I get home.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to update - Nissan have been in touch, and now have all the details. Lets see what happens next.

Ironically, Nissan have just sent me a Customer Satisfaction survey to complete.......;)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I found a PDF download of the Zoe's manual online while I was waiting for delivery..but it does seem odd that the car's bumf wasn't sat on the passenger seat on delivery day...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pleased to say that the inflator kit is all present and correct, as is the "key" for the locking wheel nuts!

Just the manuals that are awol

Thanks to all for the prompt about the inflator, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hi,
I bought an ex demo 3 weeks ago from a Dealer (large national company). No SD card No manual No service pack. Ordered pre delivery for the day of sale. Day of sale they said I could wait and delivery was usually about a week after order It's now getting on for three weeks (more because they were ordered before day of sale) Terrible service from very nice people. I would rather have good service from b******s. I am talking to the business manager at the moment but thinking maybee the MD of the national chain and Nissan would be better. They took ages ticking off all the financial bits to cover the FSA requirements surely a pre delivery checklist for the customer would be trivial.

Richard

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hi,
I bought an ex demo 3 weeks ago from a Dealer (large national company). No SD card No manual No service pack. Ordered pre delivery for the day of sale. Day of sale they said I could wait and delivery was usually about a week after order It's now getting on for three weeks (more because they were ordered before day of sale) Terrible service from very nice people. I would rather have good service from b******s. I am talking to the business manager at the moment but thinking maybee the MD of the national chain and Nissan would be better. They took ages ticking off all the financial bits to cover the FSA requirements surely a pre delivery checklist for the customer would be trivial.

Richard
It happened to me no manual at time of picking up at dealer on my Outlander Phev got mine a week later got everything else booklet just no manual

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Name the dealer this is very effective on here and email someone at the dealers with a link to this post, did you also get the first aid kit? they should supply that too as its a legal requirement in Europe, bet they didn't.

Good luck in getting the manual, you could have mine don't think I have read it once. :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts