Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a second OLEV charge point grant?
I am thinking about moving house next year and would need a new charger.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I think the grant is for installation at the address not allocate to an individual. You should be okay provided the scheme is still running.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Pretty sure you can't claim unfortunately.

New rules are one per eligible vehicle acquired since 1 July 2014.

There is an "on application" route for eligible vehicles purchased prior to that date but one of the requirements is "You will need to demonstrate that you have not previously benefitted from the Domestic Recharging Scheme".

If your next question is "can I take my old one with me", I have no idea what the T's and C's were on that.

Of course for confirmed info (as opposed to internet opinion) contact [email protected]

Guidance notes should be here https://www.gov.uk/search?q=Homecharge 12/0814 docs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
They seem to have closed all the loop holes. I was thinking about someone who has access to a company pool car, actually, several people who have access to the same car; would they all be able to have a free charge point?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah bummer, oh well the cost is nothing next to a house in Oxford!

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
New rules are one per eligible vehicle acquired since 1 July 2014.
So does that mean that a household acquiring a second eligible vehicle would get the grant to install a second charger? Or if/when changing car?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I will be moving house shortly so I am going to have to find out if we can take it with us... the new house owner doesn't want it installed and will uninstall it if we left it anyway.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think I would still try asking the OLEV, after all, it costs nothing to ask. All up-side surely?

The declaration on P14 only says
- I have not previously claimed a grant at this property under the Domestic Recharging Scheme (which ran from February 2013 to August 2014).
and
- I have not previously claimed under the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme for this vehicle.

I'm guessing you can say yes to both of those?

·
Registered
718 Posts
So does that mean that a household acquiring a second eligible vehicle would get the grant to install a second charger? Or if/when changing car?
It's more than a bit confusing IMO, but I read it as changing EV=NO second EV=MAYBE.

The OLEV CYA is at the bottom of Q6 in the Q&A section
Q6. Who is eligible to claim this grant?
"If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact OLEV at [email protected]."

·
Registered
135 Posts
I thinking you will find something about 3 years it has to have power going to it before you can remove the box

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
That is true... before "I" can remove the box. But my house buyer didn't agree to that and so I would imagine they can remove it once they have bought the house. I have not yet seen anything to the contrary.

So, I am still unsure if I can take it with me to my new house or not. :confused:

·
Banned
389 Posts
I asked this question of EDF who installed my current charger. They clarified with OLEV that I couldn't have a further charger quoting my 3 yr old BEV. However, I would be entitled to a further grant if I changed to a new car. I did the rounds of new car options thinking a new charger would represent a saving of £700+.

However, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't make the cost / benefit make any sense - the replacement would cost me £15,000 more (or double that!) for a car with a range only 20-30% more!

I've opted to paying EDF to move my current setup to the new property at a cost of £500. I'm sanguin about that, as the installation is more complex than most.

As for changing the car - well I've set myself a benchmark of 200 mile range on a pure-BEV. Let's hope the Mitsu' lasts long enough - so far it's been bullet-proof!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts