Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kona 2020 Premium SE 64kW
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says in the title!

Having used a TomTom for some years I'm getting used to the built in Nav system and am finding it quite good. I can navigate to an address, postcode or POI easily but I can't find a way to set a point on the map as the destination. Quite often I want to go to a remote location in the country with no address so in the past I've scrolled the map to the desired location and then used that point as the destination. I've looked for such an option on the Kona without success. I'd like to confirm it's just not possible before giving up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes. You can zoom the map in and out using the right hand knob. Touch the screen and move your finger to where you would like to end up and it will ask you if you want to set it as a destination.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ye Gods! As simple as that, don't know how I missed it. Thanks a lot Gadget Geek (y)

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I think it's easier said than done :)
I find trying to get zoomed in on the area you want to get to can be a bit of a faff because invariably as you zoom the target disappears off the edge of the screen :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tend to use the "pinch to zoom" rather than the knob which means you can drag and zoom to the required area more easily. I just tried Gadget Geek's suggestion and it works fine.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Actually, I haven't tried it since the nav was updated with the new interface. It just might have improved.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
73 Posts
Anyone happen to know the location of the SD card for the satnav in cars fitted with the 10" screen?

·
Registered
Kona 64
544 Posts
Yes it is fiddly, requires the skill of a gameboy player. If you find your way to a difficult location you will return to it is a lot easier to set the location on arrival.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
434 Posts
If your model supports it, tyou can also set destination via the Bluelink app. that might be worth a try. Tap and hold to set a destination point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts