Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering an ID3 Tour 5 to replace my 5 year old i3.

Are the bugs gone yet? I'm told the 2.1 software has fixed almost everything.

Currently got a 0% PCP finance deal on here in Ireland so thinking of taking the plunge.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
310 Posts
No bugs on mine since 2.1 - I'm very happy considering I must have reported 30-35 items to my dealer over the 7 months I've had it, it's come a LONG way since the original 0564 software.

I don't rely on the charged timing which I know is still causing issues for some.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
I don't rely on the charged timing which I know is still causing issues for some.
Thats a big miss for me. Octopus GO makes it so cheap to charge at night

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,652 Posts
Similar to @scott28tt, I had some minor annoyances on 0564 since I got the car last November, but since 2.1 was installed they’ve all gone.

I get the occasional stutter when streaming music over wireless CarPlay, but I think that’s honestly it.

Fast approaching 11k miles in mine, it’s a good car.

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
202 Posts
We've had no issues at all since 2.1. We also have no issues at all timed charging using the wall charger's app. Wife is delighted with the car and it is quiet, smooth, rapid enough and has plenty of space. No rattles at all and generally an excellent car.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
310 Posts
I switched to Go Faster so I can just plug in at 20:30 and not have to worry about the 00:30-04:30 window, this also helps with running white goods around the house at a cheaper rate.

Or if I must do a timed charge I can now use the Pod Point app to do that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No issue for me using a time set on my Zappi. Plug it in long before the off peak period starts (at 20:30) and it charges without problem.

The timed charging on the car still seems a bit of an issue, but if you can set a timer on your charger its all good.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
85 Posts
Pre-registered Business - 3 weeks old. Problems so far - timed charging not working. Speed sign recognition - defaults to 30mph on all country lanes/roads. Unable to use ACC because of speed sign recon. Managed to get the media display locked into a service/debug mode - had to lock the car and restart in offline mode to get back to the default.

Otherwise - pleasure to drive ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Leased 70 plate running 2.1.

Once couldn't get the cable out and had to unlock-relock a number of times.
Once radio didn't work and turning off didn't work, but after a sleep it was fine.
Auto/intermittent wipers not working, assuming it's the common fault but it's in the garage today to diagnose

everything else fine

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Leased 70 plate running 2.1.

Once couldn't get the cable out and had to unlock-relock a number of times.
Once radio didn't work and turning off didn't work, but after a sleep it was fine.
Auto/intermittent wipers not working, assuming it's the common fault but it's in the garage today to diagnose

everything else fine
Was that on 2.1 from the factory?

Silly question, but you have enabled the auto wiping option in the menu?

Auto wipers was one of the things that didn’t work on mine from the factory, wipers obviously still worked but needed to set the intermittency via the stalk dial.

I was sceptical 2.1 would fix it, but it did.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had some issues even after 2.1 with alarm system false activations, but after going back to the dealer for them to fix that so far they seem resolved.

The only fault I'm currently aware of is the Apple CarPlay audio stuttering fault, which is driving me slowly insane, but it doesn't seem to irritate most other people as much as it does me!

·
Registered
ID3 Life
188 Posts
Yep, it's getting there

;)

My car came with 2.1 and my only fault/issue is CarPlay.

Many of the idiosyncrasies of the ACC system were just as back on my ICE Tiguan so I think that's just a generic thing rather than simply ID3 and I don't get involved in the bizarre timers, I don't think they are a fault, I just thing they are overly complicated and badly designed. I use the PodPoint.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sadly mines a problem child, I won’t cover everything here, as it’s been done to death in other posts. I will however say, when it behaves it’s an amazing car to drive, which is why I’m persevering.

Currently 3 weeks old, major problems from collection - going back in next week for a final chance to fix. If it’s not sorted, sadly it’s being rejected - dealer and VW both aware.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Sadly mines a problem child, I won’t cover everything here, as it’s been done to death in other posts. I will however say, when it behaves it’s an amazing car to drive, which is why I’m persevering.

Currently 3 weeks old, major problems from collection - going back in next week for a final chance to fix. If it’s not sorted, sadly it’s being rejected - dealer and VW both aware.
I forget, was yours on 2.1 from the factory?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I forget, was yours on 2.1 from the factory?
Mine was 2.0 from factory - delivered to dealer in late Feb. It was one of the cars that had problems with the 2.1 update. In the end it took 6 weeks to update and required a new controller.

I noticed problems on collection, with hindsight I shouldn’t have accepted.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Mine was 2.0 from factory - delivered to dealer in late Feb. It was one of the cars that had problems with the 2.1 update. In the end it took 6 weeks to update and required a new controller.

I noticed problems on collection, with hindsight I shouldn’t have accepted.
Ah ok, so hopefully the OP wouldn’t suffer the same fate as they wouldn’t get out of the factory if 2.1 wasn’t working properly.

At least I’d hope not!

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,685 Posts
I'm on Octopus Go and I can live with the quirky behaviour. The basic issue it that the car under-estimates how long it take to charge to the required %. I set it at 80% and get (worst case) 73%. If you needed 100% guaranteed it's a problem, but no biggie for me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
2.1 bricked my wife's. The dealer was ultra helpful in getting her a no-cost replacement and she's had no problems with it (that's probably going to backfire!!). We're really pleased with it so I've got one on order for myself.

I hope that answers the question?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was that on 2.1 from the factory?

Silly question, but you have enabled the auto wiping option in the menu?

Auto wipers was one of the things that didn’t work on mine from the factory, wipers obviously still worked but needed to set the intermittency via the stalk dial.

I was sceptical 2.1 would fix it, but it did.
Sorry just relogged as been busy at the garage. not sure as lease and pre-reg 70 but when i checked the VIN before delivery it was on 2.1. Yeah auto is enabled, and the stalk switch does nothing

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,894 Posts
Sorry just relogged as been busy at the garage. not sure as lease and pre-reg 70 but when i checked the VIN before delivery it was on 2.1. Yeah auto is enabled, and the stalk switch does nothing
Quick auto wiper query. If you leave it on auto the wipers don't work when it rains?

If you turn them to off and back to auto do they work then?

Just wondered as the Vauxhall ones on auto have to be turned off and on each time you start the car and think it might rain :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts