Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it could be that this epidemic reverses the trend in energy consumption and hence GHG emissions that our governments were unable to enact properly.

Oil demand is already tanking, so are demands for flights with hundreds of scheduled flights being cancelled. Only the other week we were wringing our hands wondering what we could do about the scourge of it travel.

Demand for cars will fall even faster. Businesses now realise that they can have flexible working policies and still operate.

The only question is will we be able to maintain this once the virus is defeated?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
More a win-win! :p Sadly the reduction in emissions are largely temporary when China returns to large scale manufacturing, and the reduction in deaths is expected to be less than those caused by the virus.:(

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ryanair are confident we will fly again in the summer. Will people choose low density accommodation than large hotels / cruise liners?
If I save £4k on flights, what less CO2 intense purchase will I make instead?

UK government has had poor outcome with a reduction in CO2 emmissions, will this be a let off for them.

If 1% of the population dies does this mean 1% less consumption?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Ryanair are confident we will fly again in the summer
In their 737 Max? o_O Even with O'Leary's strange view on the truth (London Southend anyone?) renaming it will not work with modern social media, but they have no plan B.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've noticed people moaning that traffic congestion in London is far worse this week, but that public transport isn't as crowded. So people are avoiding trains & buses and driving, meaning more pollution!

·
Registered
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In their 737 Max? o_O Even with O'Leary's strange view on the truth (London Southend anyone?) renaming it will not work with modern social media, but they have no plan B.
The great thing about the Max is it will always find its way to the scene of the crash.

/gets coat

·
Registered
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've noticed people moaning that traffic congestion in London is far worse this week, but that public transport isn't as crowded. So people are avoiding trains & buses and driving, meaning more pollution!
I know what you mean. I’ve been engaging Bioweapon Defence Mode in the Tesla all this week. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts