Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Review by JayEmm on Cars is surprising positive if you have watched some of his other reviews. Only thing he didn't like was the interior and the speed readout on the tablet

Click here

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think you have to embrace the interior for what it is. I think some of the materials could be better, but the aesthetic is fine.

My only wish after having test driven one yesterday is that the steering wheel was a bit more futuristic? Hard to articulate really.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think you have to embrace the interior for what it is. I think some of the materials could be better, but the aesthetic is fine.

My only wish after having test driven one yesterday is that the steering wheel was a bit more futuristic? Hard to articulate really.
Search for Tech Forum on YT as he has re-created a wheel inspired by the concept plus he does a screen relocation bracket just not RHD yet. Pretty fair review coming from an avid ICE driver really no complaints from me. Good point on the 0-60 obsession as one of the greatest EV strengths is the mid-range surge when overtaking etc.

Actually to save you some searching...

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019
104 Posts
A very balanced, accurate review I thought.

I agree with almost everything he said. I don’t find the speedo an issue. That ceased to be a problem for me after about two hours of use.

I wholeheartedly agree with the observations he made about the interior quality. It’s very poor compared to the German options at the same price point. That can only be improved on future models.

The voice command and smartphone integration software is also a joke by comparison. I used to think Siri was useless with CarPlay in my BMWs, but how grateful would I be to have that in my Tesla now. At least there is hope for this to improve over time.

As he said, the Performance is still great fun to drive and the running cost is startlingly low. I can’t see myself going back to an ICE car, but I hope that there are more viable options than Tesla to choose from for a car-shaped EV (not SUV) when I come to change in a couple of years.

·
Registered
957 Posts

I wasn't convinced at first but it's actually really nice to use. Quite small and chunky and does a great job when driving in a 'spirited' fashion. Very go-kart like when combined with the lack or roll and pointy front end. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with the observations he made about the interior quality. It’s very poor compared to the German options at the same price point. That can only be improved on future models.
Model S & X have been out for years but the quality is still below par. I do hope they can improve on the interior quality (and paintwork and panel gap and.....)

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019
104 Posts
Model S & X have been out for years but the quality is still below par. I do hope they can improve on the interior quality (and paintwork and panel gap and.....)
I agree. That was what deterred me from even considering a Tesla before the 3 came out. I rode in several Model S taxis abroad and amazed at how poor it was for a car costing that much. I nearly turned round on the way to my 3 test drive thinking that it would likely be a waste of time.

With the 3, I think the build quality is no longer awful; it is just across the threshold of acceptability for me and other aspects of the car compensate to some degree.

That said, I’ve just discovered a leak in the boot on mine.? I’m getting a bit sick of visiting the service centre.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts