Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a new Renault Zoe. The government grant is itemised on the invoice as £2,500. I was expecting to get the full £3,000 grant. The Renault sales team are telling me that the grant is subject to VAT (at 20%), hence why it's just £2,500. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I want to make sure I'm not being diddled!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Depends where it's itemised on the invoice I guess - before or after the VAT line?

The quick answer is it's £3,000 off the price including VAT.

So what is the full price and what are you paying after the grant?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's listed before the VAT line. The invoice shows the vehicle price, then takes off the grant (itemised as £2,500), then adds extras (such as metallic paint, accessory pack, manufacturer delivery charge), sub-total, then adds VAT at 20%, and adds first registration fee to get the invoice total.

It's making my head hurt trying to work out if I've got the full £3K off!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I think I understand it now. So the grant takes the price down by £2.5K, so I pay £500 less VAT, so that's a £3k reduction in total. Got there!

·
Registered
2021 Zoe ZE50 GT-Line
7 Posts
I queried this when I got mine too, its net 2500 from price, with 500 off the vat too

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
It's listed before the VAT line. The invoice shows the vehicle price, then takes off the grant (itemised as £2,500), then adds extras (such as metallic paint, accessory pack, manufacturer delivery charge), sub-total, then adds VAT at 20%, and adds first registration fee to get the invoice total.

It's making my head hurt trying to work out if I've got the full £3K off!!
That makes sense then.

It’s £2,500 net, which rolls out to £3,000 gross discount after VAT.

VAT I actually payable on the car irrespective of the grant. Just the way they show it on the invoice.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,152 Posts
Sounds like you got in just under the wire. The grant was reduced to £2500 (gross) and limited to cars under £35k from this morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts