Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I had my test drive yesterday on the 2WD 73KWH Premium spec car and it was really good, so I had the dealer priced up for that model. However, thinking over night and wondering if it's worth going the the extra £3k to get the Ultimate version for the improved seats, rear windows' tint etc. Has anyone sat in both that can give me their opinion?
I can afford the extra cost, just wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Ordered IONIQ 5, Ultimate AWD, Tech/Eco packs, Phantom Black & EV6 GT Line S, heat pump, Yacht Blue
10 Posts
The clincher for me is the HUD. Have them on current cars, so going for the Ultimate, AWD, with Tech Pack and Eco Pack. I’ve only sat in the Premium though so can’t really comment.
Wanted the Tech Pack for the memory seats and remote park (because it’s a nice gimmick, rather than being of any real use!).

·
Registered
130 Posts
When you say improved seats, the seats are the same in the ultimate compared to the premium, its just it's leather on the front. The actual seat itself is the same. You get the "relaxation seats" with the additional tech pack. These are the seats you'll be seeing on all the YouTube videos.... I was fooled by this too. Not sure how much difference there is between the two seats though as nit sat in each.

I went for the ultimate 73kw rwd with the tech pack.
If you're gonna spend so much you might as well get all the bells and whistles!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Then you forgot the eco pack and the AWD!

Reactions: EV6ian

·
Registered
130 Posts
Haha, didn't want awd due to drop in the range. Eco pack was an unnecessary expense just for the heat pump. If it was 500 for eco pack may have been tempted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say improved seats, the seats are the same in the ultimate compared to the premium, its just it's leather on the front. The actual seat itself is the same. You get the "relaxation seats" with the additional tech pack. These are the seats you'll be seeing on all the YouTube videos.... I was fooled by this too. Not sure how much difference there is between the two seats though as nit sat in each.

Thanks. The 4 main seats in Ultimate are heated all round and ventilated as well, I think. Yeah, I think I'll go for the Utimate trim, lets see what the dealer comes up with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know not everyone likes them, but the ventilated front seats have been one of my favourite things about my ioniq 38 over the summer months. Its a shame they only appear on the top models of the 5
I agree, ventilated seats are very nice. I use it a lot in my current car. I only think it's a shame, that Hyundai doesn't allow the seat heating and ventilation to be turned on at the same time. I find that very useful, especially in the spring and fall, where you might get in the car with cold and moist clothes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
V2L pack is standard on the Ultimate rather than a £685 option, so you could say the differance between Premium and Ultimate is only £2315 as I think that V2L is no brainer. Anyway that how I justified the move to Ultimate

·
Registered
137 Posts
V2L pack is standard on the Ultimate rather than a £685 option, so you could say the differance between Premium and Ultimate is only £2315 as I think that V2L is no brainer. Anyway that how I justified the move to Ultimate
V2L option inside and out is £365. The £685 you quote is for the matte paint. I think you misread a line on the price list.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You also get soft touch on the top of the door cars and a bit more ambient light around the speakers and an upgraded stereo but can't say I have heard either so not sure if it really is an upgrade and not forgetting the alloy pedals and 20" alloys. Personably I think it's a bit of a bargain for £3k after looking at both in the flesh.

And if you are buying outright the Ultimate will also sell for an higher price than the premium so it will not cost the full £3K when you sell it on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Premium model I test drove yesterday had no options apart from the paint according to the dealer. He showed me the V2L adapter in the boot though so was he in error and this had in fact been added as an option? The car itself was on 19's and had cloth seat trim so I'm satisfied it was a Premium, as I think all the demos seem to be.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The Premium model I test drove yesterday had no options apart from the paint according to the dealer. He showed me the V2L adapter in the boot though so was he in error and this had in fact been added as an option? The car itself was on 19's and had cloth seat trim so I'm satisfied it was a Premium, as I think all the demos seem to be.
Pretty sure that all the dealer demo I5's are Premium RWD 73kWh with VTL option installed.

John.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That would certainly make sense, right down to the dealer not knowing it had been fitted as an option despite me specifically asking him about it.
As always dealers seem to know so little about the product they are selling, most buyers are normally more informed then they are. I would hope if I was a car salesman I would at least read a spec sheet or pop on a forum so I had product knowledge.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
As always dealers seem to know so little about the product they are selling, most buyers are normally more informed then they are. I would hope if I was a car salesman I would at least read a spec sheet or pop on a forum so I had product knowledge.
They should put extra PCs and magazines in the sales managers office. That way, when they randomly wander off to the sales managers office to keep you in there for longer than you want to be, they could actually use that time usefully.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts