Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOC% increase over charging time
I put here as I'm sure IoniqOwners same as KonaKids might be interested.

like the Fastned useful chart for 50kw Rapid + SuperRapid, but that shows speed over SOC

I'm keen to find a chart I can keep in the car (like the fastned one) that lets me see
I've arrived at 30%, I can sit here about 45mins, what might I be at those 45mins later

(Yes the car will tell me when it will be 80% on the dash, or I can throttle a upper limit in the centre console/app settings)
So for the 64battery cars 2 lines, one for super rapid one & for normal rapid, and big assumption that the normal is actually chucking out 49.9999kw from the low end.
I suspect a maths expert can write the equation so I could work it out for 5% increments, and then the weird increases once above 72%soc

but a bit of a Ludite and I'd like to see it"on paper" when planning what if stuff rather than keep changing parameters in A Better Route Planner (which is fab by the way, try it if you haven't)

If I get really bored, and get the car down to 5% I may go to the instavolt a mile away and sit there with a pen paper and decent book. Plus I'll need to look down the back of the sofa for enough pennies to pay instavolt vs my home electricity costs. #Slight Difference.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
SOC% increase over charging time
I put here as I'm sure IoniqOwners same as KonaKids might be interested.

like the Fastned useful chart for 50kw Rapid + SuperRapid, but that shows speed over SOC

I'm keen to find a chart I can keep in the car (like the fastned one) that lets me see
I've arrived at 30%, I can sit here about 45mins, what might I be at those 45mins later

(Yes the car will tell me when it will be 80% on the dash, or I can throttle a upper limit in the centre console/app settings)
So for the 64battery cars 2 lines, one for super rapid one & for normal rapid, and big assumption that the normal is actually chucking out 49.9999kw from the low end.
I suspect a maths expert can write the equation so I could work it out for 5% increments, and then the weird increases once above 72%soc

but a bit of a Ludite and I'd like to see it"on paper" when planning what if stuff rather than keep changing parameters in A Better Route Planner (which is fab by the way, try it if you haven't)

If I get really bored, and get the car down to 5% I may go to the instavolt a mile away and sit there with a pen paper and decent book. Plus I'll need to look down the back of the sofa for enough pennies to pay instavolt vs my home electricity costs. #Slight Difference.
Battery temperature has a noticeable effect.
There is some relevant information provided by stageshoot for a 64 kWh Kona, a few months ago - see post #10 here Battery Heating In Mild Temps
This shows SOC, battery kWh and battery temperature as a function of charging time for a 150 kW Ionity charging point.
I think somewhere he has also given similar information for a 50 kW chargingpoint

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cor that's worth a major virtual beer - thanks !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts