Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would love to see a graph of the direction of new and used EV prices from launch.
Does it exist? If not can we compile one by each adding data points?

I think the shape of the lines will tell us a lot, linear, inverted half bell curve, acceleration or flattening out?
Effect of government incentives, is there a correlation with any entry level EV cars having prices supported in UK at the 20K level which just happens to receive the full purchase price discount of up to 25% whilst capped at £5000? Does a £10.000 support point on used Leafs have anything to do with the near £20,000 entry level price for the whole car with battery?

Maybe related and relevant..Is the reason the 75% government incentive on home charger installations is actually 100% in many cases that the support was capped at £1000 and the charge point providers can access that £1000 pot far more successfully by offering to provide the customer a totally free installation?

They still need somebody to want one installed to be able to do that and so it must be easy to offer to pay for the extra 25% from the margin remaining. It would be good to know the figures actually invoiced for our home units but I guess the cynic in me suggests it will be very close to being within a penny away from £1,333 and 32p to reap the capped max figure of the £1000 grant which would then represent 75% funding.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I don't know if it exists, but I am happy to dig out the invoice for my Ampera, as that lists the government grant, manufacturer and subsequent dealer discounts separately. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts