Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Good for you but I bet you rely on those other big consumers of subsidy to provide back up to your solar - namely fossil fuel and nuclear power?
What an idiotic thing to say. I'm guessing you are trolling to get a response.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
What an idiotic thing to say. I'm guessing you are trolling to get a response.
Not at all. The point I was making was that its all very well being high and mighty about solar subsidies but those who complain about them make full use of the still heavily-subsidised fossil fuel and nuclear industry without complaint. Solar has used a microscopic amount of subsidy to achieve a lot and is now the only subsidy-free power source in many countries. It was well worth the seed support from energy bill payers.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Full marks for smugness on this one. A thank you to other electricity bill payers would be appreciated by many.
I'm in the same position of smug gitness on this.

I don't understand - you want us to thank all the other people who, at a time when everything was up-in-air and uncertain about solar PV, weren't prepared to fork out many thousands of pounds to help meet government targets for CO2 reduction? Don't blame us for being far-sighted enough to take the risk - certainly many people around me refused to be persuaded, even when I explained the economics to them. Yes, but what if...... will it last 25 years ..... It can't be true .....

Added to which we have signed a contract with the least reliable partner known to man. The government. Only the full 25 years will tell if we got it right.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Added to which we have signed a contract with the least reliable partner known to man

And the only one who change the rules off the game.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts