Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Paul Harrington
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently purchased my 2011 52,000 mile iMiEV I would like to know if there is an existing owners club for the iMiEV and its clones? I think that it would be interesting to organise opportunities to meet with fellow owners at some national events.
Looking forward to reading your responses.

Paul

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Paul, any chance you could read posts on AH capacity and report on your battery. You may need to purchase or borrow dongle. I

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Welcome along Paul. Your probably best to look for a local or regional EV Club to be honest. Theres usually one you can join or look out for an EV meet up in your region or a green event of some kind with an EV element to it. We had an Ion for a couple of years and loved it.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
Reality is that the i-Miev is not ideally suited to the longish journeys necessary for "national" get togethers : online forums are more realistic.

Well I did a Windsor to Edinburgh run last year just to get a decent service in Tweedmouth. I don't believe there are many MiEVs around but would be up for a coffee somewhere if en route.
Being semi retired I have time anyway and would consider a 200 mile round trip OK for a day return.
I am near Windsor but tour to West Wales,up the A1 and the South West but usually in a Soul.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Reality is that the i-miev is not ideally suited to the longish journeys necessary for "national" get togethers : online forums are more realistic.
That's one thing that's stopped me attending a number EV (not i-Miev specific) events that are on the order 70+ miles away. It's too much of a hassle to get there in the Ion with charging stops included (especially if I tried to take impatient family including 3 year old) and I'd feel like a traitor arriving in a 21 year old stinky petrol V6. :p (Although it would be a very comfortable and effortless journey :D )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts