Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, our LEAF chums have access to all sorts of additional data about their battery, it's temperature etc etc. Does anyone know whether there's a way to get anything like the same for ZOE? I can't believe ZOE doesn't collect the same sort of data.
So anyone know whether, or how we can get access to it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Zoe does collect alot of data. From charging lenght to what types of chargers have been used.
It collects information about each cell of the battery aswell.

BUT - There is no way to acsess it the same way as the leaf owners can. I will try to look into it.
I already have the module that goes in the the Clip socket but there isnt a program to use it with.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm keeping an eye on Google Play to see if someone comes up with one..I understand there's an app for the Tesla already available on the Pebble Smartwatch..one for the Zoe would be nice too..

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
And being a canZE user I can confirm it has what your looking for and more (y)

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am developing an EV route planning app. Currently we don't have Zoe data to provide accurate range and charging time calculations for Zoes.

If people could supply logging data for a series of defined tests then we could include the Zoe in the tool

·
Zoe Devotee
9,264 Posts
CanZE is the best thing to happen to the Zoe since it was released. Its a truly great bit of software and I recommend any and all Zoe owners downloads it and buy the pre-req £10 dongle.

I am no way associated with the Clever folk that made this app.... I wish I was though lol Because those guys ROOOOOCK!

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've also just started using CanZe, took a few attempts to get the Bluetooth connection to pick up the dongle on my Sony phone, but in the end, requesting the Bluetooth connection via CanZe kicked it into life! It is a very useful app.
Quick question, my Oct 2013 Intens, with 8900 miles, has a 99% SOH, which is significantly higher then I expected (car was bought secondhand from auth Renault dealer one month ago). Do you think the battery pack may have been replaced?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,264 Posts
Nah, my 2014 has SOH of 97% and 11,000 miles so it's just been well looked after... I have done a lot of rapid charges.

Reactions: gralegav

·
Registered
358 Posts
H
I've also just started using CanZe, took a few attempts to get the Bluetooth connection to pick up the dongle on my Sony phone, but in the end, requesting the Bluetooth connection via CanZe kicked it into life! It is a very useful app.
Quick question, my Oct 2013 Intens, with 8900 miles, has a 99% SOH, which is significantly higher then I expected (car was bought secondhand from auth Renault dealer one month ago). Do you think the battery pack may have been replaced?
How exactly did you get it to work? Mine just flat refuses to connect to CanZe after pairing. I'm using a Nexus 6p and the recommended Konweii dongle. Tried about 8 times now and given up.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,469 Posts
Forgive me for stating the obvious things: ensure that after pairing, in CanZE's setting page, the Konnwei is selected as device and the type as ELM. Logging for the time being may be set to none, and it is easier if you disable Safe driving mode.

·
R240
357 Posts
I found that disabling logging helped a lot. You have to connect your phone shortly after plugging in the dongle. The dongle lights should be lit. To begin with I needed to disconnect R-Link but it all works together now. In the app it says "connected".

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
H

How exactly did you get it to work? Mine just flat refuses to connect to CanZe after pairing. I'm using a Nexus 6p and the recommended Konweii dongle. Tried about 8 times now and given up.
I had problems which were overcome by canZE teams advise to use...
Bluetooth Terminal - Android Apps on Google Play
and send ATZ
all dropped into place with that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Success! Partially anyway. Not exactly sure what I've changed though. I tried it as before and it didn't connect, checked settings and Konnwei and elm were selected. I ran Bluetooth Terminal and it connected OK. I ran CanZe again, selected a Bluetooth speaker then changed back to Konnwei and it worked. Wouldn't show SOH or read firmware versions but most other things had readings. I then tried again later, it connected first try and showed SOH as 100, still no joy with firmware versions though. Hopefully that will show up as I wanted to check heating version.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts