Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Using the cars 'internal' timer still relies on a Renault connected services subscription unfortunately. Very sneaky in my opinion to get customers to pay an annual fee for the convenience of charging their car overnight - and removing the financial benefit of doing so!
Hi, noticed your comment here, have just bought my new Zoe home, it's a Jan 2019 r110, but couldn't set the charging timer in the car, wouldn't let me do a one-off scheduling, let me set a start time but that was all, couldn't add a time to finish...are you saying that you have to take something else out with Renault for this to work? Surely that can't be right, if the car is supposed to have that facility, then surely it should be working when you buy it?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi, noticed your comment here, have just bought my new Zoe home, it's a Jan 2019 r110, but couldn't set the charging timer in the car, wouldn't let me do a one-off scheduling, let me set a start time but that was all, couldn't add a time to finish...are you saying that you have to take something else out with Renault for this to work? Surely that can't be right, if the car is supposed to have that facility, then surely it should be working when you buy it?
Your dealer should have provided you with paperwork for at least one ZE Services account (for reasons best known to Renault they wanted to give me two), including an activation code. You need to sign up for an account on the ZE Services website and enter the code and your VIN to be able to use the charge scheduler (even from the car's touchscreen since it relies on the online system).

This is not the same as the Renault account you'll need to update the car's touchscreen software (R-Link).

·
Registered
1 Posts
... Tried and it looks like it does work indeed. Fairly sure that must have been included in one of the firmware updates ...
I just thought I'd write to confirm there is a EVC module firmware update to solve this.

I've recently setup timed charging on my eHome charger (using the ESP Easy firmware on a LCTech volt-free Relay). Before the update, the car would 'sleep' and wouldn't wake up properly to begin charging; the charger would come on, the blue lights would temporarily light on the Zoe's charge port but then it would fail to charge. If I pressed the lock button on the key whilst it was in this state it would wake up and charge but this is obviously pretty useless.

I took the Q90 Zoe in to the garage with this problem today and they updated the EVC module for no charge (under the 5 year EV warranty). Sure enough, the Zoe will now wake up from deep sleep and charge :)

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,277 Posts
@jim2 Can I ask how old your Q90 is? I am asking because I am fairly sure my last firmware update was in september 2017 (the SOH and long balancing issue( and I am assuming the software was fixed sometime before that. I would be surprised if your was was from a later date and still have had the issue.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts