Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried so many times since I got my invitataion email from Hyunday to use the Click To Buy website to sort out a new Kona.

It doesn't matter what financial information I enter, the box that should list the available vehicles is greyed-out. It works on an iPad (but I don't want to proceed with an order using the iPad). I've lost count of the number of times I've tried. Anyone else had issues? I'm using Firefox (61.0.2 - latest) and have tried with all security, cookies and trackers allowed but still nothing.

To make matters worse, I phoned the Click-To-Buy dedicated phone line (open until 6pm tonight) only to get a recorded message asking me to leave a voice-mail (at 3pm).

Is this a warning sign of a haphazard, unfit-for-purpose set-up, and does this translate to all other areas of Hyudai's customer service? It makes me *very* wary about ordering!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: This is interesting... I can get the Click-to-Buy functioning on my iPad, but not my PC. The problem, according to my anti-virus package (Bitdefender) is that the site is riddled with malware.

The following warning cropped up 15 times...

"This webpage https://shop.hyundai.co.uk/static-root/js/common/hmuk.ctb.util.js is identified as infected with malware. Virus name: Gen:Heur.JS.Downloader.3. The webpage has been successfully blocked by Antimalware filter and your PC is now safe."

So now I don't know what to make of it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmn - very odd. My anti-virus (full-on paid for; not a free one!) updates every hour. Never had an issue on any other website. Thanks @plord for running the online check. I just loaded the Click to Buy site again and got the same malware alert in my log the moment the 'create your personalised quote' page loads. If I have the energy tomorrow I might dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just loaded the page in Brave and there's no problem - works fine and no report of malware. Very odd! Beyond my IT knowledge at the moment!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
.Heur. (means heuristics)
This means your virus checker thinks the page might be acting virus like.
It doesn't know for sure.

Also called a false positive.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I have never managed to get it to work on my pc which also runs Bitdefender. It shows the submit button but nothing happens when I press it. I can't even log in to my account. In the end, I had to order through my ipad and that is the only way I can access my account.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts