Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

441 - 460 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Has anybody enquired as to whether the contract can be extended. Specifically for the 18 month FleetPrices deal? Just curious. :)

There’s a clause in there about ‘informal extension period’ which automatically kicks in after the 18 months if you do not contact Jaguar Contract Hire to collect the car. If you contact them before the end of the 18 month minimum period you may be able to negotiate a lower price for each ‘informal extension period rental payment’. On mine these informal extension rentals are around an extra £100 per month so would definitely want to try and negotiate lower.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The informal extension period should be the same monthly cost as it would have been had you gone for 1 +17 profile. It is on mine at least.
Just to pick up on the lease extension query. I’ve not checked the contract mind. A previous lease of mine pretty much halved the cost for a 6mth extension. Will depend on the car and demand no doubt but worth a try as the lease end approaches.

·
Registered
232 Posts
9E9DA56D-954F-4D7B-9738-C3EA8B8A9E8A.jpeg Contract clause as above. I can’t see anything that sets a firm end date so assume it’s down to Jaguar / Lex to request an end date unless you make moves to arrange a return.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've taken delivery of my I pace 400s this week after ordering on the fleet prices deal. I can't fold the mirrors in, when looking in the manual it says to press both mirror selector buttons simultaneously, but nothing happens. Does this base model not have folding mirrors as standard? I'm missing them after my Leaf!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My base S model does not have folding mirrors so I suspect this is normal.
Thanks for replying.

I never looked at the specification has hard as I should have, I just assumed everything has folding mirrors these days, it's a tighter squeeze going into my garage than I anticipated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone on the Fleetprices deal from last year received any notification of the recall for the braking regen issue? As we are not the registered keepers it all has to go through Lex but we are then reliant on them being on the ball for what is a safety related issue. How do we know if our cars are affected?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone on the Fleetprices deal from last year received any notification of the recall for the braking regen issue? As we are not the registered keepers it all has to go through Lex but we are then reliant on them being on the ball for what is a safety related issue. How do we know if our cars are affected?
I'm on the Williams supplied, Lex lease deal and have heard nothing to date. My car has a VIN number included in the recall. You can check on the thread on the IPace forum.

H213 - RECALL - Failed regen breaking 2019/2020 - Jaguar I-Pace Forum

I expect we leasers are 2nd class citizens as far as JLR is concerned however, having read the detail of the regen issue I'm happy to wait and get a later update of software due in July.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm on the Williams supplied, Lex lease deal and have heard nothing to date. My car has a VIN number included in the recall. You can check on the thread on the IPace forum.

H213 - RECALL - Failed regen breaking 2019/2020 - Jaguar I-Pace Forum

I expect we leasers are 2nd class citizens as far as JLR is concerned however, having read the detail of the regen issue I'm happy to wait and get a later update of software due in July.
I doubt that you are 2nd class citizens, I would expect that the majority of JLR cars are leased and leasing companies are vital to the success of the company.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My Fleetprices I-Pace is due to be delivered to Williams on 28th June. Does anyone know how long they normally take with PDIs etc - I'm trying to work out when I might be able to pick it up?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Guessing a few days. I was given a delivery date then realised I would be in Manchester 2-3 days before and offered to pick it up instead.

Thought they might fast track prep to save them having to deliver but they couldn’t do it.

Or they were receiving, prepping, delivering all in the space of a couple of days.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, I'm in almost exactly the same position, I'll be in Manchester on the following Weds/Thurs (our Manchester office is less than a mile away from Williams). I'll see what FP can sort out (they've been very responsive and helpful so far), but if they say no I'll try calling Williams directly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
What model year are people receiving from FleetPrices / Williams. Mines turned up with a K as the 10th digit on the VIN.
So it’s MY19.
Thought post Easter deliveries were going to be MY20.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmm, odd, I asked FleetPrices about collecting my car from Williams in Manchester; they said it's being supplied from Hertfordshire! I've asked them if I can still collect the car (from there) as I really don't want someone driving "my" new car 150 miles before I get my hands on it, especially in the driving style this car invites...

I have to say that I've been really impressed with FleetPrices so far, every question I've asked I've had a proper answer to normally within an hour. Of course, the proof will be in actually receiving the car, but their service and support so far has been exceptional.

441 - 460 of 496 Posts