Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

461 - 480 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
The latest email I have from them says my car "will be driven to your delivery address" which I take to mean someone will drive it, rather than it will be 'driven' on a trailer, but awaiting confirmation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
But if WiganLeaf is in Wigan then that’s close by. Sounds like they reserve the right but avoid if they can. Otherwise getting drivers back to base would start costing surely.
Mine arrived on trailer with 12 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Weird that everyone's seems to have come from Williams in Manchester, but here I am with an office less than a mile away from Williams and mine's apparently coming from Hertfordshire.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Fleetprices have advised me that my car is being supplied through the "pre-delivery centre" in Hertforshire, and because I'm over 100 miles away it will be transported to me. Happy with that, as long as I don't have to wait too long for transport!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmmm... car was due at dealer's today and Fleetprices have suddenly gone all quiet on me :(

I've got no idea how long I'm going to be waiting for delivery. Days, weeks? :whistle:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmmm... car was due at dealer's today and Fleetprices have suddenly gone all quiet on me :(

I've got no idea how long I'm going to be waiting for delivery. Days, weeks? :whistle:
I'm surprised at fleetprices, they've always been communicative with me, very prompt too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m sure all the people who got this deal have been far more proactive than me but there are several recalls on the Jag that I didn’t get told about (presumably because I’m not on the V5 and Lex/leasing hadn’t let me know). I contacted jaguar customer services and they told me there were 4 outstanding issues including the regenerative braking recall.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You’ll find you need:

H207 - HOOD LATCH AND CABLE
H213 - REGENERATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM NON-COMPLIANCE
H221 - INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL
H228 - SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME

Your local dealer will know -they’ve just not bothered to let us know

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've experienced a number of major issues with the car, two of which were reported as reduced brake pedal feel. The other one, shut the car down whilst i was driving it.

On the first occasion of reduced brake pedal feel, the attending jaguar technician identified that the auxiliary battery wasn't charging (it was nearly flat) resulting in the car shutting down and refusing to move from where i'd parked it. He charged the auxiliary battery from his truck and updated some software.

A few weeks later I got a further report of reduced brake pedal feel, resulting in the attending technician performing new software updates that supposedly only got released the day previously.

My faith in the car was beginning to diminish and i contacted a number of local jaguar dealers asking them to take the car in whilst i was on holiday and investigate the many faults I've experienced as they could have it for a full two weeks. This was harder than i expected with one dealer refusing to hold the car for that amount of time. In the end i had to involve jaguar customer support and one dealer took the car in whilst i was away.

By coincidence, the dealer installed exactly what Rentagas has detailed in his post above.

My car is leased and I've had zero communication from Jaguar or the supplying dealer with regard to software updates etc. I've had one OTA update and that was pre-warned via email, so i was religiously checking that the car was connecting to the house Wi-Fi. I dont think any further OTA updates have been issued though.

·
Vendor
1,143 Posts
You’ll find you need:

H207 - HOOD LATCH AND CABLE
H213 - REGENERATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM NON-COMPLIANCE
H221 - INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL
H228 - SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME

Your local dealer will know -they’ve just not bothered to let us know
Thanks, I've called them today and booked it in for all the recalls. Also for them to fix the driver's side mirror glass, which seems to vibrate whilst driving. Also see if they can drag all of the software updates through for the nav etc!

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can do the map database update yourself if you have a memory stick big enough and a decent internet connection.

I ended up buying a 64GB unit and i think you need circa 25GB. Jaguar have you download maps for the entire galaxy as opposed to the ones you might actually use.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
What's the best personal deal at the moment?

gateway2lease is offering

£3700 down
23 x £410/month

All inc VAT. I don't really understand their business model - if you go for a longer lease it's a higher monthly cost, which seems backwards to me. Still, for less than a Model 3/Leaf 62/eNiro/Kona you can drive an iPace and enjoy all the usual exemptions like indicating, parking straight and obeying the speed limit. Beer gut and pub lunch on Sunday is mandatory though.

461 - 480 of 496 Posts