Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car two weeks ago. Wondering if it's fully up to date (UK model 4)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Thats the same software mine came with back in March, think I could be wrong there is software more upto date but cant say 100%

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,412 Posts

I think you are missing something. It looks like the map is the latest, but the rest are not updated :unsure:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Looks like there's a newer 191223 version from one of the photos.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Got my car two weeks ago. Wondering if it's fully up to date (UK model 4)

Thanks

Same as my Niro 4. Got mine 2 weeks ago too. The software updates are over the air I think. No SD card slot

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
@IRadiate Unfortunately not over the air as I asked KIA UK on twitter, update is done at the dealers and someone said it was £40 to update software with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've emailed dealer. As the new version isn't that recent and I've only had the car two weeks it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask them to update it.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
@Badger I'd do exactly the same as the software should have been checked and updated during the PDI and getting it ready for your collection.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Same as my Niro 4. Got mine 2 weeks ago too. The software updates are over the air I think. No SD card slot
No - updates via USB stick into USB port.

I don't think that updates are released very often. An update consists of car firmware and navigation maps all in one package, so it's likely that there will only be maybe two updates annually at best.

So there is no Navigation related updates separately available from car firmware updates

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can somebody (in UK please) who is pretty certain they have now got the latest everything installed, please post a picture of the version screen. I want to check mine when it’s delivered (next week?) and go back if it’s not the very latest.

FWIW, my dealership sales guy told me that at their place, they do the updates for free along with the routine servicing (and so they should too, there’s little else for them to actually do!). However, I don’t have that in writing. I think I will ask for a letter confirming it, unless I get it in writing at delivery time.

Why on earth isn’t there a Kia support page somewhere, defining the current update versions, and also listing a version history so we can see what issues were addressed or features added etc. We shouldn’t be having to second guess whether we are up to date with all softwares, firmwares, maps etc.

I doubt we can rely on whatever the dealers tell us..... “Oh yes sir, the. car is of course fully up to date...”
Yeah right!

Peter

·
Registered
51 Posts
The latest versions I am aware of (from a document claiming to be "2020 MapCare Manual for dealers"):

Software: XX.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.191223
Firmware: XX.EUR.01.191112.MICOM
NAV APP: STD5W.EUR.XX.200108.0b8cef0_19Q2
Map version: EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9)

But treat this info with caution - I've never actually seen it anywhere else, and not verified it on a car.

What's odd is that the OP's firmware version looks to be ahead of this, but the others look to be behind.

edit: info corrected

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just done a bit more reading on the goingelectric.de forum. A couple of posters on there have the exact same versions as @Badger and have confirmed with Kia support that these are the latest versions.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My software is exactly the same as yours. If Long Time Lurker is correct then we need things updating. My dealer also told me that the software was up to date. Have you spoken to your dealer?

·
Registered
211 Posts
My software is exactly the same as yours. If Long Time Lurker is correct then we need things updating. My dealer also told me that the software was up to date. Have you spoken to your dealer?
Nope not yet. To be honest I'm not that fussed at the moment. At some point I'll drop the car off at a dealer to get the FCA issue fixed and at that point I'll ask them to make sure the firmware is up to date. Customers in the US and Canada seem to be able to update things themselves so maybe that might be an option for the UK soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts