Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Zed. I’m new to the leaf community, but having spent a month of so looking that sounds pricey for the mileage!

If it’s any use... We ended up frustrated at the costs of some around us, but noticed there were incentives offered that changed the net cost significantly.
We had no intention of taking out dealer finance, but it came with quite a few advantages!

We bought a 16 plate 30kWh Tekna with 6.6kw on board charger, white with 27k mikes at the start of November from Nissan. I can only describe our experience, but it was super easy and the car is was a very clean 3 year lease RCI car with only one owner (registered end of June 2016).

£13,000 advertised price. But take their finance and you get £800 deposit contribution + 2 free services (minor is £159 & major £209, so £370) & 2 years roadside assistance. Plus PodPoint knock another £300 off the home charger after the £500 OLEV grant when buying from specific dealers (Check which ones are affiliated)

We have to make 3 payments on the PCP, this will cost us around £150 in interest paid, then we’ll clear the finance in early 2020.

Net result is a cost of £11,700 without any haggling. It seems there are a lot of 3 year old ones out there (there must have been a great 3 year lease deal in spring 2016!!!)

Sorry for the long post, Hope it helps.
Wow that is quite a lot you've saved, I'm assuming not all dealers would offer these incentives. I'm not keen on taking the finance from the dealers either. Which dealer did you buy your car from in the end?
I do have an eye out on a 2016 Tekna 15k mileage, black in Cannock which is for £13000. I don't think they will drop anymore as it was advertised just over £13500 last week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Zed. I’m new to the leaf community, but having spent a month of so looking that sounds pricey for the mileage!

If it’s any use... We ended up frustrated at the costs of some around us, but noticed there were incentives offered that changed the net cost significantly.
We had no intention of taking out dealer finance, but it came with quite a few advantages!

We bought a 16 plate 30kWh Tekna with 6.6kw on board charger, white with 27k mikes at the start of November from Nissan. I can only describe our experience, but it was super easy and the car is was a very clean 3 year lease RCI car with only one owner (registered end of June 2016).

£13,000 advertised price. But take their finance and you get £800 deposit contribution + 2 free services (minor is £159 & major £209, so £370) & 2 years roadside assistance. Plus PodPoint knock another £300 off the home charger after the £500 OLEV grant when buying from specific dealers (Check which ones are affiliated)

We have to make 3 payments on the PCP, this will cost us around £150 in interest paid, then we’ll clear the finance in early 2020.

Net result is a cost of £11,700 without any haggling. It seems there are a lot of 3 year old ones out there (there must have been a great 3 year lease deal in spring 2016!!!)

Sorry for the long post, Hope it helps.
Agree it is fairly tempting, though I've gone down the leasing route, managed to get one of the Hyundai ioniqs, works out at £6k over 2 years fully maintained and 10k per year. I kind of felt £12k for a leaf works out at 4 years leasing a ioniq with far fewer compromises. The Leaf would be 7 years old after that time so will have an even worse range, though will obviously still have some value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Just need some advice please. I've seen a Leaf at Nissan dealers in Colchester which is around 130 miles away from me. 2016 30kwh 50k and 2 owners. Price is £12495
They were unable to provide me the battery SoH and the only thing they provided me in terms of the battery health was this
View attachment 125360

Is it worth me travelling all the way there with the OBDII and the app so i can check myself ?
Or should I just hang on and find something local? I just don't want it to be a waste of a day. It would have been good if they could provide that sort of information
Hi Zed, I don't know where you're based but check out this guy near Grimsby as I bought a 2017 30kWh Ascenta from him last month and Leafspied the Techna while I was there. They were both similar (90+%), I had my BMS updated (92 up to 95%) and it has since increased to 99%. His prices are keen as he's out in the sticks and needs to attract customers somehow. I think he gets ex-Nissan corporate cars or something similar, mine had only had 1 rapid charge in 14k miles. He's on eBay check out item No. 323890024014 .

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would never buy a used Leaf unless either the dealer could give a true SOH, or would let me use my own dongle and LeafSpy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Zed, I don't know where you're based but check out this guy near Grimsby as I bought a 2017 30kWh Ascenta from him last month and Leafspied the Techna while I was there. They were both similar (90+%), I had my BMS updated (92 up to 95%) and it has since increased to 99%. His prices are keen as he's out in the sticks and needs to attract customers somehow. I think he gets ex-Nissan corporate cars or something similar, mine had only had 1 rapid charge in 14k miles. He's on eBay check out item No. 323890024014 .
Thanks for that, I'm after a Tekna but this one you've mentioned is reasonably priced.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I would never buy a used Leaf unless either the dealer could give a true SOH, or would let me use my own dongle and LeafSpy.
Yeah i've got the dongle and downloaded the leap spy lite app on android for now. No idea if the dongle will work or not with the app although i think i've saw on previous discussions it should be ok. I think being able to use the dongle on the cars is a hit and miss. I went to the local Nissan dealers last Sunday and the chap wouldn't let me use it as he said its too technical and the tehnicians are not around:unsure:

I'm hoping to go on the weekend to see a 2016 Leaf Tekna, which is for £13k 15k mileage. It's been listed with the Nissan dealers for a few weeks now so i'll try and haggle a bit whem I'm there

21 - 28 of 28 Posts