Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just stopped at Chargemaster, Luton - its my Plan B with Nissan Maple Croos out.
To my surprise this unit is a triple header - complete with the CCS outlet.
The box has been manufacture by DDB and looks not significantly larger that the Ecotricity one's along the M1.
Is there anyone have an i3 BEV, with the Rapid Charge option? Fancy a day out to Luton - all the power you need your need to escape again!
Photos to follow - but light was poor.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is already at least one triple-headed APT unit in Scotland
Well who would have thought to look for Islay to lead in such matters. I doubt if there is a BMW dealer within 100 miles! I like that idea of cut price ferries to the outer isles - maybe one day!

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't drop them in the original message - so here they are! However, they are rubbish - not use why - except that light was poor!
IMAG0003.JPG IMAG0002.JPG IMAG0005.JPG

Reactions: Paul

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One further anecdote - this charger went from 82% to 95% in only 6 mins, which is an incredible performance leap, compared with contemporary units!
Frankly, I was alarmed! I never let a Rapid Charger go to max - on the assumption that the cells may be excessively stressed. So going further at 400 volts DC, seems highly undesirable.
Does anyone have any guidance on high charges rates - at the top end?

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
One further anecdote - this charger went from 82% to 95% in only 6 mins, which is an incredible performance leap, compared with contemporary units!
Frankly, I was alarmed! I never let a Rapid Charger go to max - on the assumption that the cells may be excessively stressed. So going further at 400 volts DC, seems highly undesirable.
Wow - that's charging at about 25kW at the top end of the charge. I wonder if Nissan/DBT have decided that they were being overly cautious before. I would love to see timings for a larger charge.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
H
Have found Chademo charger at Nissan dealer charging at high rates to the mid 90's before myself. Surprised and alarmed me too. My guess was this was because I had started with a high state of charge...in the 50's. And maybe there is a cumulative (heat?) factor? On the return leg I arrived with 6% left. And the charge rate did dip dramatically at around 80% this time.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Have found Chademo charger at Nissan dealer charging at high rates to the mid 90's before myself...
Base on your (and Matt's) responses, I've ask Chargemaster, to consult with DBT. I'll let you know!
Update Thurs 20th: no reply from Chargemaster yet; however, I had a similar charge last evening at Pease Pottage 82 to 95% - 36 mins! Quite a difference!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts