Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
One must remember that the Mag and Webbo are staffed by proper journalists, and is but tangential to the TV show...

Reactions: Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
So they pick
1. Zoe, I car that after reading some of the owner reviews on this forum I would not touch with a barge pole.
2. Ampera a car (and I own a Volt) that will soon be no longer available.
3. i8, a car that cost 100k.

What were their criterior?

How can they not pick the LEAF, the i3, the Outlander and above all the Model S

·
Registered
585 Posts
How can they not pick the LEAF, the i3, the Outlander and above all the Model S
Because it's an entertainment show, not a car show. Driving around in a perfectly sensible Nissan Leaf won't do the same for audience figures as hammering around a track in an i8... o_O

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
@AndyG makes a good point; they could have looked at the Leaf and Outlander to name but two...but as an Ampera owner, I'll take that review :p

Indeed, there aren't that many bad reviews about the Volt/Ampera at all, which makes it all the more sad for what Vauxhall have (or haven't) done....

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
@AndyG makes a good point; they could have looked at the Leaf and Outlander to name but two...but as an Ampera owner, I'll take that review :p

Indeed, there aren't that many bad reviews about the Volt/Ampera at all, which makes it all the more sad for what Vauxhall have (or haven't) done....
I hope you did not take it that I think the ampera should not be there, imo it is still one of the best cars on the road. It's just hard to believe that a car launched in 2011 has not had a direct replacement made by a competitor that is not hands down better.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
638 Posts
@AndyG - I think that your opinion of the Zoe is rather unjust. People don't generally go onto a forum to say that they have had no problems.

We have had our Zoe for almost a year and we have had no problems beyond minor R-Link irritations. It has fulfilled all of our expectations and more. My biggest gripe is with the appalling Renault Customer Service, so the main thing is to not let them anywhere near it, as far as possible.

The Zoe comes as standard with many things that are extras on other EVs, such as fast charger and heat-pump heater. Even the contentious battery lease is actually good value when you consider that 10 years x £70/month = £8,400, which is about the same as the current value of the battery, and it will be replaced if the capacity drops below 75%.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
No, I hadn't taken it like that @AndyG. I'd love to spend more time with other EVs; I really enjoyed my 7 day test drive with the Leaf and was very pleasantly surprised. It didn't however make me feel in any way that I should replace the Ampera for one. I'd also like an extended test drive of the i3...but much later in case I prefer it to the Ampera. But to be honest, I can't really fault the Ampera in any way, other than wishing it had fast charge capability like the Outlander.

·
Super Moderator
7,509 Posts
The Zoe comes as standard with many things that are extras on other EVs, such as fast charger and heat-pump heater. Even the contentious battery lease is actually good value when you consider that 10 years x £70/month = £8,400, which is about the same as the current value of the battery, and it will be repaired if the capacity drops below 75%.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
@AndyG - I t
The Zoe comes as standard with many things that are extras on other EVs, such as fast charger and heat-pump heater. Even the contentious battery lease is actually good value when you consider that 10 years x £70/month = £8,400, which is about the same as the current value of the battery, and it will be Repaired or replaced if the capacity drops below 75%.
]

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Having owned a Renault or two (both suffering many many problems, as did my bosses' one, my Dad's ...) I am sorry to say that I also would have gone for a Zoe if it wasn't a Renault.

One suspects that the low sales of Fluence and Zoe are only partly battery lease but primarly dealership/reputation, sadly.

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
@AndyG - I think that your opinion of the Zoe is rather unjust. People don't generally go onto a forum to say that they have had no problems.

We have had our Zoe for almost a year and we have had no problems beyond minor R-Link irritations. It has fulfilled all of our expectations and more. My biggest gripe is with the appalling Renault Customer Service, so the main thing is to not let them anywhere near it, as far as possible.

The Zoe comes as standard with many things that are extras on other EVs, such as fast charger and heat-pump heater. Even the contentious battery lease is actually good value when you consider that 10 years x £70/month = £8,400, which is about the same as the current value of the battery, and it will be replaced if the capacity drops below 75%.
I think the Zoe is a fantastic design, the problem is that design is then built and maintained by Renault. I have owned them in the past and won't be owning another in the future, sorry:(

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
In my time, I've had:

Renault 5 GT turbo
Renaultsport Clio 182
Renaultsport Megane RS250

Never had any problem with them and found customer service excellent.

They obviously need to hand the Zoe over to the RenaultSport team for a makeover. Now THAT, I would like to see... :D

Reactions: Dblock

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
In my time, I've had:

Renault 5 GT turbo
Renaultsport Clio 182
Renaultsport Megane RS250

Never had any problem with them and found customer service excellent.

They obviously need to hand the Zoe over to the RenaultSport team for a makeover. Now THAT, I would like to see... :D
I'm quite happy with Zoe's Stealth capabilities,thanks..:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts