Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Is your Tesla App waking up your car when outside Bluetooth range, since installing 2020.36.10?

Issue with Tesla App - cannot wake up car

10K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  TeslaM3NW 
#1 ·
I’m interested to see how many people are having issues with the Tesla App not managing to wake up their car from sleep.
I have to be within Bluetooth range for the app to work.
This has been a problem since installing 2020.36.10 software.

#11 ·
It has happened to me a couple of times in the past but this was well before the latest update. After an hour or two it was working as per normal again. So I'm sure it's just temporary and like firefax said, it's probably just a glitch on the server side rather than the app or the latest update itself.

In fact I just opened my app now and it woke my car up within a few seconds so it appears everything is working fine for me.

#12 ·
Yep, annoying isn't it. It started for me just after I installed iOS 14 but I think that's just a coincidence, still not working now. When I open the app it just sits there with the "waking up" bit at the bottom HOWEVER there is a bit of a workaround - if you tap the padlock icon to unlock the car (and again to lock it) the app springs to life. I guess that just forces it to wake up.

#13 ·
I have the same issue but sometimes it has failed to connect at all, and sometimes I have managed to open the frunk with the shortcut even though the car still says it is waking up.

I am on 36.10 and ios14. I can't say with certainty but I think I had this issue before the ios14 upgrade

#19 ·
On the Model 3 Tesla Owners Facebook page it has been suggested that the problem is only affecting cars which have a Spanish SIM card fitted. I have checked mine and it is using a Spanish IP address. It does explain why I see Spanish adds in YouTube and when browsing.
I did get the 2020.36.11 software download last night and that has not fixed the issue.
Tesla remote technicians are now investigating after I raised a service request on Monday and had an initial call with a service technician. As soon as I get feedback from them I will advise.

#22 ·
It's been widley reported on various tesla forums and tesla facebook groups. It seems to be affecting anyone that is using a Spanish cellular provider, I remember not too long ago mine was using one based in the Netherlands. It seems something that has changed on that provider, but Tesla seem that they are now aware of the issue, and hopefully we can get a fix soon. It isn't related to an update, but it was around a similar time the update came, it's believed it is something the carrier has changed rather than Tesla.

#24 ·
Same here. Model 3, LTE is working, but WIFI not. When I get into the car, The wifi is off, after few seconds it is conntected. But LTE is working all the time. Just updated to 2020.36.10, think it is a bug on this version. Got a Model X as well, 2020.36.3.1, no issues at all. I have to use lte to connect the car instead wifi, hope next update can fix the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.